Starting this year, we are switching to a Semester system and will offer 10 week classes in the Fall and Spring Semesters. We will skip Winter Semester entirely. This allows us to avoid major holidays, winter weather, and most winter illnesses.
Class Length/# of Classes:
All of our classes except Kinder are 1 hour each. We offer 4 class periods per day and families can choose how many classes they would like their children to take. We start at 9:00 with a 15 minute worship and begin classes at 9:15. There is a 15 minute snack break after the first class and a supervised lunch from 11:30-12:15. Afternoon classes meet 12:15-2:20 with a 5 minute afternoon break between the classes.The Kinder class is a half day class that meets from 9:00-11:30 am.
|9:00 am: Drop Off & Worship in the Sanctuary|
|9:15-10:15 am: First Class|
|10:15-10:30 am: Snack Break|
|10:30-11:30 am: Second Class|
|11:30 am-12:15 pm: Lunch Break|
|12:15-1:15 pm: Third Class|
|1:15-1:20 pm: Brief Afternoon Break|
|1:20-2:20 pm: Fourth Class|
|2:20 pm: Pick Up|
|KINDER CLASS: 9:00-11:30 am|
Thursday Schedule: The Thursday schedule is the same except that students go directly to their first class for morning worship at 9am instead of going to the Sanctuary and Thursday classes are for 3rd-10th Grade. There are no classes for Kinder-2nd Grade on Thursdays.
Class Availability by Age/Grade:
The following classes are currently offered:
- Kindergarten Enrichment (Ages 4-5): Students meet in the mornings only, from 9:00-11:30 am.
- 1st Grade (Age 6): Students do not have class choices and all stay together as a group with a dedicated parent helper to ensure the best possible supervision.
- 2nd Grade (Ages 7-8): Students can choose from 2 class options each class period. They can choose either the 1st-3rd Grade or 2nd-4th Grade class for each period. Students are taken as a small group to their next class by either a parent helper or their teacher.
- 3rd Grade (Ages 8-9): Students can choose from 3 class options each class period. They can choose the 1st-3rd, 2nd-4th or 3rd-10th Grade class. They will not be supervised during class transitions unless they only take 1st-3rd or 2nd-4th Grade classes. However, adults are in halls and the Foyer between classes at least the first couple of weeks to ensure kids can find their next class. They are supervised during classes, morning break, and lunch.
- 4th, 5th & 6th Grade (Ages 9-12): 4th, 5th, and 6th Grade students can choose between the 3rd-10th or 4th-10th Grade classes. They are not supervised during class transitions. They are supervised during classes, morning break, and lunch.
- 7th-10th Grade (Ages 12-16): Students in these grades can choose between the 3rd-10th, 4th-10th or 7th-10th Grade classes. They are not supervised during class transitions. They are supervised during classes, morning break, and lunch.
See the class schedule for specific times each class is offered.