Oil Ranch Field Trip
Date – Time
October 30, 2020
– 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
23501 Macedonia Road
Hockley, TX 77447 US
Cost: $10 children ages 3+
Ages 2 & under Free
We need a correct headcount by age, so please choose the correct age group when signing up. We do not need to count children ages 2 & under.
Age Range: All ages
Signup deadline: October 20
This sign up is closed.
Payment is due by October 21. Any unpaid spots after October 21 will be cancelled.
The Oil Ranch is dedicated to educating youth & preserving our Texas Heritage. The ranch is a great opportunity for the students to have a hands-on experience with ranch animals, agriculture, and Texas history. Kids 12 and under get a free pumpkin!
Field trips at the Oil Ranch are packed full of interesting facts that kids want to know. Here are some highlights:
- Dairy Barn Exhibit – Milk Daisy the Cow and learn about the process of milk from the ranch to the kitchen table.
- Animal Barn – Experience the ranch’s baby animals in the large animal barn.
- Petting Zoo – See, touch, smell, and hear farm animals up close and personal.
- Beef Exhibit – Take a hay ride to the pasture to hand-feed and pet cattle. Experienced ranch hands will explain aspects of the beef industry.
- Frontier Village – Explore inside a real teepee and play on the Indian Sky Swing.
Know Before You Go:
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Group entry: We will gather as a group and check in together, so please arrive early. Wristbands will be issued, and all adults will be given Deseret Chaperone stickers. No individual tickets will be handed out in advance.
- Masks recommended but not required.
- Field trip begins at 10am and the farm closes at 3pm.
- Bring lunches and picnic at the pavilion. They also have Lunch packages available at their General Store for $5-$8. Ex: Chicken Nuggets, Apple Sauce, & Juice Box $6. Other menu items include Hot Dogs, Corn Dogs, Funnel Cakes, Pop Corn, etc.
- See documents linked below for directions, map of farm activities, and rules.
- The Rules page must be read before attending.
Signup required to attend. You must be logged in to sign up.