Classes will resume January 7th in person at Banner of Christ Church 1111 68th SW.
Corona Virus Plan for PTC as of 6.19.2020 These are subject to change.
- Classes will be held in person at Banner of Christ Church, 1111 68th SW, Byron Center
- Mask are required by the MI Safe Start unless you cannot wear one. If your student cannot wear a mask please sent a note stating they cannot which we will file. No student will be forced to wear a mask. No student will be made to feel uncomfortable if wearing a mask.
- Extra cleaning and precautions will be taken
- Social distancing will not be observed as it is not possible in the building.
- Large group games will continue during breaks. Hand washing both before and after games will be highly encouraged.
- For detailed information on ourCovid 19 plan click this link.
- For the health of our families and those around the world.
- For the wisdom of our leaders and for our upcoming elections.
- For our families and teachers as they adjust to a new schedule.
- For our staff as they seek wisdon for the next year.
Each family is asked to volunteer at least 4 times during the year. To sign up please follow these easy instructions
1) Click this link to see our Signup on SignUp.com: https://signup.com/go/qqfpXjU
9 am-2 pm
Get your school picture taken for our yearbook. You may purchase copies but it is not necessary. All students will receive a free student ID.
Warrior verse for January
Psalms 91: 5-6
Recite the verse Thursday November 5th during lunch for a full size candy bar.
Pizza, Bread Sticks, Chips, Donuts and Sodas will be available to purchase Thursday January 28th
Lunch time activities
Join other students during your break for a game of nine square.
Welcome to PTC
Parent Teacher Co-op (PTC) is a 501c (3) home school tutoring organization run by parent volunteers. We employ and train loving, qualified teachers to assist parents in teaching their students to be well educated world changers. PTC meets on Thursdays at Banner of Christ Church, 1111 68th SW, Byron Center, MI 49315.
The school year is 34 weeks beginning September 5th ending May 14th.
- Classes meet on Thursdays.
- Cost for most one and a half hour classes is $320, the two hour classes are $380. Some classes have copy and material fees added to the class cost. There is no discount for dropping a class.
Payments are made in six equal payments to the tutor directly
August 1st, September 1st, October 1st, November 1st, February 1st and March 1st. We do not accept public partnership money.
- The PTC is a co-op. All families are required to volunteer at least four times throughout the year (exact amounts will be determined by the number of families taking classes).
- All classes (5th-12th grades) require 1/2 to 1 1/2 hours of homework per day.
- All of our tutors are Christians. Each teaches from a biblical principle and a Biblical Worldview using the Principle Approach.
- Parent Teacher Co-op is held at Banner of Christ Church at 1111 68th St SW, just west of expressway 131.
The Parent Teacher Co-op uses the Principle Approach method of teaching. Every class of every subject is researched Biblically and with Webster's 1828 dictionary. Each class will learn how to research and will require; a notebook, a signed constitution, a syllabus, and projects. For more information go to https://face.net/
Classes for 2020/21
History, art, Spanish, science, drama/music, language arts
English, science, history, art, drama/music, spelling, math facts
English, earth science, life science, history, algebra ½, Spanish, art, drama/music, math facts, communications
Algebra I & II, geometry, consumers math home & office computing, physics, chemistry, anatomy and physiology, biology, physical science, English I & II, British literature, interpretive speech, speech, drawing, developing the artist within, psychology, Spanish I, II & III, world history, government/ economics, ancient history and survey of the New Testament, ACT & SAT prep
Classes articulating to Davenport University
The Parent Teacher Co-op is a home school tutoring organization whose mission is to come alongside parents to raise up a generation of well-educated warriors for Christ. We offer classes with academic excellence along with an environment that fosters relationships.