I. PEACH Leadership Team
The PEACH is a board of volunteer coordinators covering the following positions:
- Membership VP
- Meetings VP
- Activities VP
PEACH Committee and Coordinator Positions.
These positions are volunteer coordinator positions, appointed by the Leadership Team, but are not required to attend monthly Leadership Meetings or be approved by the general PEACH membership.
- Testing Coordinator
- Social Media Moderator
- Graduation Coordinator
- Social Group Overseer (oversees all PEACH Social Groups)
- Social Group Coordinators (coordinates individual social groups)
- All Coordinators shall prepare or present monthly reports for review by the PEACH Leadership Team
- The President shall:
- Preside over all meetings of the PEACH Leadership Team, over the general meetings of the organization, and over any special meetings.
- Appoint or approve committees and coordinators with the approval of the PEACH Leadership Team.
- Make interim appointments as needed with the approval of the PEACH Leadership Team.
- Serve as an ex-officio Member of all committees.
- Call special meetings when necessary.
- Assign coordinator duties as needed.
- The Meetings VP shall:
- Plan at least four PEACH meetings per membership year.
- Schedule special speakers and arrange details such as payment, overnight stay, and travel reimbursement.
- Plan special meeting features such as socials and giveaways.
- The Membership VP shall:
- Maintain a database of PEACH Members.
- Take attendance at PEACH Meetings of members and visitors.
- Follow up on visitors who left contact information at meetings
- The Activities VP shall:
- Supervise or plan PEACH activities such as field trips.
- Collect payments for activities.
- The Secretary shall:
- Maintain and keep copies of PEACH records, both hard copy and digital.
- Keep minutes of all PEACH Leadership Team meetings.
- Answer or coordinate another PEACH member to answer questions submitted via the Contact Us button on the PEACH website.
- Ensure that proper documentation (Bylaws, Policies, Statement of Faith, PEACH Leadership Team Minutes, PEACH financial records) is maintained in both hard copy and digital form.
- The Treasurer shall:
- Have charge of all the funds of the organization
- Assist other Coordinators with payment processing and record keeping.
- Ensure PEACH’s compliance with IRS and ORC requirements for non-profit organizations
- Make an annual financial report to the membership.
- Balance the checking account monthly.
- Track the use of PEACH-issued debit cards.
- The Social Media Moderator shall:
- Oversee public website and social media.
- Ensure that the PEACH website is regularly updated with the latest information about PEACH, homeschooling in general, and notifying in Ohio.
- Serve as a primary member on the administrative team for the PEACH Facebook page.
- The Testing Coordinator shall:
- Be qualified to oversee PEACH Testing according to the requirements of the publisher of the test.
- Oversee all aspects of annual PEACH Testing.
- Choose the test that will be used.
- Reserve the testing location.
- Recruit volunteers and assign duties.
- Receive payments for Treasurer to process.
- The Graduation Coordinator(s) shall:
- Be appointed by the PEACH President with approval by the Leadership Team.
- Oversee the annual PEACH Graduation.
- Recruit volunteers and assign duties.
- Reserve the graduation location.
- The Social Group Overseer shall:
- Oversee all PEACH Social Groups.
- Recruit volunteers and assign duties.
- The Social Group Coordinator shall:
- Oversee their assigned social group.
- Communicate PEACH Social Group policies and Code of Conduct to their social group members.
- Approve and/or plan activities.
- Recruit volunteers to host activities.
II. PEACH Membership
- Annual PEACH Membership dues are $20.
- Membership is from the date the application is completed or the date of renewal, and dues have been received and processed, until August 31st of the following year.
- Renewal invitations begin July 31st and reminders end August 31st.
- After August 31st, former members must re-apply and will be removed from any and all PEACH online forums and groups, including Facebook.
- Membership dues may be only refunded within 14 days of the date of membership.
- No prorated amount is offered for memberships applications submitted after August 31st.
III. PEACH Activity Guidelines and Code of Conduct
- All PEACH groups and activities, unless otherwise noted, are reserved for PEACH members only.
- All participants are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with Biblical principles of respect, courtesy, and morality at all PEACH meetings, events, and activities.
- All language used should glorify God and edify others.
- The personal space and property of others should be treated with respect.
- Physical displays of affection are not permitted at PEACH activities.
- Participants should respect the Activity Coordinators and Social Group Coordinators and abide by the requirements for participation in Social Group activities.
- Students attending field trips or Social Group activities must be accountable to an adult present.
- Activity coordinators have the authority to admonish or remove a student from the group who has become disruptive or unruly.
- For any activity where a parent is not staying on site, parent must leave name and phone number with appropriate coordinator for use in case of emergency.
- For any activity where someone other than the parent will be transporting the student, parent must let activity coordinator who has permission to transport the student.
IV. PEACH Meetings
- PEACH meetings are free and open to the public.
- Participation in activities such as the December Children’s Craft Sale, the Shining Stars Showcase, and the June Homeschool Curriculum Sale is for PEACH members only.
- To participate in the June Homeschool Curriculum Sale, you must be a PEACH member by January 30th.
V. Social Groups
- Social Groups are for PEACH members only, with the exception of the PEACH Dads’ Breakfast.
- Social Groups are small subgroups of PEACH, meeting to discuss homeschooling topics, share experiences and concerns, promote information sharing, and provide fellowship and encouragement, fulfilling the mission of PEACH according to the PEACH Bylaws and Statement of Faith.
- Youth Social Groups are established for PEACH students to enjoy social interaction with their peers. Membership and participation in youth Social Groups are limited to PEACH member families and their students.
- Youth Social Groups are organized by graduating year, and membership in individual groups is limited to students graduating in the years represented by each group.
- New Social Groups must be approved by the Social Group Overseer and the PEACH Leadership Team.
- Students in the Social Groups are not allowed to bring friends that are not PEACH members to social group activities.
VI. Field Trips
- The Activities VP reviews, approves, and oversees all Field Trips.
- A Field Trip Coordinator is a PEACH Member who volunteers to plan a specific field trip, handling the details with the assistance of the Activities VP.
- Up to $20 per field trip will be reimbursed to either the PEACH member coordinating the trip or the Activities VP coordinating the trip. This reimbursement only applies for field trips that include an entrance or participation fee.
- A Field Trip Coordinator must be physically present at the field trip they are coordinating.
- Payment for field trips will be handled according to PEACH Bylaws and Treasury Policies.
- Reservation deadlines are determined by the Activities VP/Field Trip Coordinator and will vary by event. Please check announcements carefully for detailed information.
- Signing up for an event at a meeting or online (without submitting payment) does not guarantee your reservation.
- Cancellations of a registration made 2 days prior to the event will be refunded if possible.
- If you are registered for an event and an emergency prevents your attendance, you must notify the Field Trip Coordinator by phone no less than 1 hour prior to the start of the event. If you do not attend and do not notify, you will be charged a $5 “no-show” fee and forfeit any refunds due you. You can pay the fee at a PEACH meeting or activity or mail a check to: PEACH PO Box 39, Alpha OH 45301-0039
- Parents or parent-designated adults are responsible for the behavior of their families and those in their charge.
- Field trips are not drop-off activities. A responsible adult must accompany all children. Families should stay together during tours. If there is a behavior problem during a field trip, the Activities VP or Field Trip Coordinator has the authority to ask a family to leave the activity.
- Non-member families may attend a PEACH field trip if all of the following criteria are met:
- They are a guest of a member family. An additional fee of $2 per family is paid to the field trip coordinator. An exception is made for special helpers such as grandparents, who may attend for no additional fee. Special helpers bringing non-member children will be assessed an additional $2 fee.
- Space must be available. PEACH member families are given priority when space is limited.
VII. PEACH Graduation
- The Graduation Coordinator will provide reports on Graduation planning, budget, participation, and committees to the PEACH Leadership Team for review and approval.
- A PEACH member family must have joined PEACH by September 30th in order to participate in the PEACH Graduation the following spring. Exceptions to this policy (such as for a military family) cam be made by a majority vote of the PEACH Leadership Team.
- The Graduation membership deadline is October 31st in order to participate in the PEACH graduation the following spring.
- Graduation fees, determined by the Graduation Coordinator (s), are used toward the cost of graduation expenses (i.e. monetary gifts for speakers, decorating expenses, facility rental, etc.) Total amount will be determined by the Graduation Coordinator at the first planning meeting after the membership deadline.
- A deposit (determined by the Graduation Coordinator(s)) is due upon joining the graduation group. The balance of the graduation fee will be due at a later date and will also be determined by the Graduation Coordinator(s).
- No refunds of graduation fees will be given after October 31st.
- PEACH Graduation is a self-funded option that is offered to our PEACH member families.
- PEACH Graduation takes place the Saturday before or after Memorial Day each year. The final date will be confirmed by October 31 or earlier by the Gradation Coordinator(s). The intent is for the date to be accessible and mutually agreed upon by those participating in the PEACH Graduation and to allow latitude in selecting the venue.
- All graduates, parents/guardians, junior representatives and anyone closely associated with the ceremony agree to attend a mandatory Graduation rehearsal.
- Parent(s)/guardian(s) and graduates must make every effort to attend and participate in planning meetings. Each family will be expected to have at least one parent/guardian participate in planning by serving on a committee.
- Each family will be responsible for their own personal expenses (i.e. rental of cap and gown, personal open house/parties, any cost of graduate activities, senior pictures and announcements, etc.)
- Junior class representatives must be graduating or considering graduation the subsequent year with PEACH. Siblings of the current senior class will be considered first in representing the junior class before the general PEACH membership.
- The PEACH Leadership Team and the Graduation Coordinator(s) will review and decide on all extenuating PEACH Graduation participation issues that may arise.
- Funds collected for the PEACH graduation will be managed by a Graduation Treasurer and deposited with the PEACH Treasurer and withdrawn, with receipts presented for reimbursement, as needed for PEACH Graduation expenses. Procedures for handling all funds will be in accordance with PEACH Bylaws and will meet all current legal requirements.
- Out of respect for those families within PEACH that do not participate in social media and in an effort to maintain the privacy of PEACH at our students’ graduation, live streaming of graduation on social media sites is not allowed.
VIII. Annual PEACH Testing
- Non-homeschool children of PEACH families may not participate in PEACH testing.
- To participate in PEACH testing, you must be a PEACH member by January 30th.
- PEACH Testing is a self-funded option that is offered to our PEACH member families.
- The Testing Coordinator/Administrator will maintain a high degree of discipline in the classroom during each test period. Students may only take needed testing materials with them to their seat. Calculators are permitted for certain sub-tests, but this does not include other devices that have a calculator function or app. Cell phones, smart phones, or tablets are not allowed in the testing room.
- No parent may be a test administrator or helper in his/her child’s class.
- Each family participating in testing must be available to assist 2 of the 3 days of testing and must be available the week after testing in case make-up testing is necessary.
- If a student misses any sections of the test due to unforeseen circumstances (sickness, emergency, etc.), the parent will be required to pay a PEACH certified testing administrator to administer the remainder of the test for your child.
- Make-up tests must be scheduled at the PEACH Testing Coordinator’s convenience in the week following the PEACH test dates in order to assure timely results for the entire group.
- If you are unable to do the above, other options would include negotiating with the testing publisher for a partial refund, testing by another means, or having a narrative assessment done by a qualified homeschooler assessor.
IX. Treasury Policies
- All monies entrusted to PEACH by its members shall be handled in a financially sound manner, with transparent accountability and Biblical stewardship.
- Any expense incurred for PEACH above the amount of $50.00 must be approved by the Treasurer. Any and all PEACH debit cards must be used for PEACH-related expenses only, and receipts must be turned in to the PEACH Treasurer.
- Receipts may be handwritten, but must be dated, signed, and the purpose of the purchase noted on the receipt.
- PEACH debit cards are issued only to members of the Leadership Team with approval from the Treasurer and the President. All cards must be returned no later than July 31st if Leadership Team member is not serving in leadership the following school year.
- No PEACH member with check-writing privileges may write checks to themselves.
- PEACH funds are never for personal use of any coordinator, volunteer, or PEACH member.
- Based on the decision of the current PEACH Leadership Team, an email or print newsletter may be provided to our membership. If printed, an extra cost for distribution may be charged to applicable members. If emailed, no extra cost is incurred.
- Newsletter submissions should be sent to email@example.com. The Media Coordinator and PEACH Leadership Team reserve the right to edit or refuse publication of anything submitted to the newsletter at their discretion.
- All submissions to the newsletter and peachhomeschool.org website must be in agreement, in tone and content, with current PEACH Bylaws, Policies, and the Statement of Faith.
- Submissions are due by the 20th of the month in order to be published in the following month’s newsletter. Submissions received after this date are not guaranteed a space in the upcoming newsletter.
- PEACH does not accept paid advertisements.
- Blog post submissions for peachhomeschool.org are accepted at any time during the month and year. They will be reviewed and published upon approval of the Media Coordinator and/or PEACH Secretary. Please submit blog posts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We accept submissions from current PEACH members only and reserve the right to reject any submission for any reason. The Media Coordinator may solicit guest posts from non-PEACH members with the approval of the Leadership Team.
XI. PEACH Endorsement
In order of the PEACH name to be used for any event, activity, or organization, a written request must be submitted for approval by the PEACH Leadership Team.
XII. Child Care
PEACH does not provide child care at any meeting or activity, except for volunteer-staffed child care at PEACH Testing. Parents are welcome to bring their children to PEACH meetings and/or activities, but children must be supervised by an adult, or a sibling over the age of 16, at all times. A nursery will be made available during PEACH meetings if the venue allows.
XIII. Electronic Communications
- PEACH uses a private, secure online community where we can share information about homeschooling and conduct PEACH business.
- Communications should be respectful, gracious, and honoring to the Lord. Inappropriate posts may be removed.
- At the discretion of the Leadership Team, a PEACH Facebook page may be offered as a communication tool for PEACH members. A private Facebook page will be open only to current PEACH members who are in good standing with our organization and who have individually signed the PEACH Statement of Faith. To protect the privacy of our members, live streaming on Facebook is not allowed at any PEACH event. At their discretion, the Leadership Team may use a live streaming social media option for a special speaker for a meeting or for special messages to our membership. However, PEACH members live streaming at our events is strictly prohibited.
XIV. Change Notice
Unlike the PEACH Bylaws, which can only be amended by a 2/3 vote of the membership, PEACH policies are determined by the PEACH Leadership Team and can be changed at any time during the PEACH year. Policy changes will be published on all PEACH communication channels as soon as possible.
It is not possible for our officers and coordinators to anticipate every organizational, ethical, or moral situation or conflict. Our Bylaws and Policies are a basic set of guidelines we believe best serve the mission of PEACH. Any issues that arise and are not specifically covered in our Bylaws or Policies will be addressed by the PEACH Leadership Team in accordance with our Bylaws and Policies, guided by Biblical principles, and our heart’s desire to love the Lord God with all our hearts, and our neighbor as ourselves.
Revised April 28, 2018