Watermark Homeschool Enrichment
Statement of Faith
The following is our Statement of Faith. While we do not require you to adhere to all tenants of this, we do require that you have read them and understand that these tenants will determine the worldview through which a class may be taught, and we ask that, while attending Watermark classes and events, participants be respectful of this position in behavior, speech and dress.
• God We believe in the one true God eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Co-eternal, co-existent and co-equal in deity and power. Worthy of all honor and glory.
• Jesus Christ We believe Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God. Conceived supernaturally by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He is fully God and fully man. He was always with God and is God. Having led a sinless life, He offered Himself as a willing sacrifice for our sins. In doing so, His death satisfied the wrath of God, obtaining for us the forgiveness of sins and eternal life. He was raised bodily on the third day and is now seated at the right hand of the Father. There He makes intersession as our high priest and advocate until His personal, visible return.
• Holy Spirit We believe that the Holy Spirit is fully God. Co-equal with the Father and Son. He is present in the world, sent to make us aware of our sin and our need for God’s grace and forgiveness. At the moment of conversion, the Spirit indwells the Christian in order to be empowered for Christian living and the understanding of spiritual truth. The Holy Spirit gives all believers spiritual gifts, the purpose of which is to serve the church and bring glory to God.
• Salvation We believe that salvation is accomplished by the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross. It is by grace alone, through faith alone, that we, who are spiritually dead and in a sinful state, can be made alive and live eternally by the imputed righteousness of Christ. Having done nothing ourselves to obtain righteousness, but in true repentance are relying solely on the completeness of Christ’s substitutionary atonement.
• The Bible We believe the scriptures of the Old and New Testaments to be verbally inspired by God and inerrant and infallible in the original text. They are the complete revelation of God’s will for the salvation of mankind and the final authority for all Christian faith and life.
• We believe that man was created directly by God and in His image.
• We believe that God created the heavens and the earth, including all life, by direct act in six literal 24 hour days about 6,000 years ago (Gen 1:1; John 1:3; Col 1:16-17)
• We believe that marriage is ordained by God, is between one man and one woman as set forth in the Bible, and is intended to be a picture of Jesus Christ and the Church.
• We believe in the spiritual unity of believers through our common faith in Jesus Christ and that lesser doctrinal differences which may exist should not hinder the cooperation of Christian home educators.