Statement of faith
Principle No. 1: Authority
Authority is linked to the truth; ultimate authority is linked to ultimate truth. Since God is both ultimate authority and ultimate truth, and since He has revealed that ultimate truth through a medium tailor made to our ability to understand and grasp it--the written Word--we commit ourselves to that Word as our final authority. Everything will be pursued in line with the principles and practices of truth as laid before us in the Scriptures.
Principle No. 2: Theology
We believe these truths to be basic to the Christian faith and in keeping with a consistent theme in the Word of God for maintaining sound doctrine (I Timothy 1:3,10; 4:16; 6:3; II Timothy 1:13; 3:16; 4:2; Titus 1:9-11; 2:1)
Therefore, we believe in:
· The Holy Scriptures as originally given by God, divinely inspired, infallible, entirely trustworthy, and the only supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
· One God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
· Our Lord Jesus Christ, God manifest in the flesh, His virgin birth, His sinless human life, His divine miracles, His bodily resurrection, His ascension, His mediatorial work, and His personal return in power and glory.
· The salvation of lost and sinful man through the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ by faith, apart from works, and regeneration of the Holy Spirit.
· The Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the believer is enabled to live a holy life to witness and work for the Lord Jesus Christ.
· The unity in the Spirit of all true believers, the Church, the Body of Christ.
· The resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they that are saved unto resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
HEARTS Purpose Statement
HEARTS Ministry was created to help achieve the long-term purpose of the church body. That purpose is to equip one another to manifest Jesus Christ in our individual arenas of influence and beyond. The most fundamental of those arenas is our children and the family unit.
The purpose of HEARTS Ministry is to train children to serve God. Raise up a new generation of Christian leaders who are committed to service, equipped with the Gospel and determine to take Christ to the World.