Looking for Homeschool Classes for your Kids?
Every homeschool family is beautifully unique! And every homeschool co-op has its own unique qualities, too! Wings is a FULL YEAR 501c3 non-profit, a Christian environment and meets on Thursdays twice a month, from 1:00-4:00 pm, in Maple Grove. We have classes for ages 6 months to 14 years (age Sept 1). While you're searching for the right group for your family, consider what makes Wings different from other co-ops in the area!
1. Drop-off Classes. After signing your kids into their classes with kind, attentive, loving tutors and helpers, you have 3 hours for running errands, getting some work done, grabbing groceries, or taking some alone time at a coffee shop. We know all homeschool moms need a break! You can rest assured that your students are getting energy-filled instruction in a loving environment while you take time to re-charge.
2. Classes have NO homework. Our classes (art, gym and STEM) are enrichment classes and they will fit with whatever you are doing at home. While tutors may encourage extra exploration of a topic at home, nothing is "required" which means you can focus on your own curriculum, or use the class topic as a launching point for more discovery at home, but you'll have NO stress about getting extra homework done at home.
3. NO prep. NO teaching. Wings is unique because we provide paid tutors who teach all our classes. This means tuition may be higher than other co-ops, but it also means that you do not have to prepare class material or be the main instructor. All families are asked to serve as parent helper for 2 class dates over the span of the entire year, known as DIBS. This is a great chance to view the class in action and you'll just be an extra set of hands for the tutor, and assist the children. (If you're not available to volunteer in the classroom, you may do the "DIBS buyout" option for $100 which allows us to pay another parent to take your place in the classroom.)
4. Allergy-sensitive. We take great care in making sure our students are safe when they are at Wings. We give our members a list of snacks that are "safe" for our students who have moderate to severe allergies/sensitivities.
5. Convenient location! Wings meets in Maple Grove, conveniently located off 94 W and Maple Grove Parkway, with Target, Walmart, Sam's Club, Starbucks and Caribou nearby. Easy to get to from Plymouth, Osseo, Brooklyn Park, Plymouth, Corcoran, Rogers, and other surrounding areas.
6. Exciting and Engaging classes! Our tutors are hand-picked and are simply outstanding! Class sizes are limited, so students are able to get personal attention and can learn in the way that is best for them!
*Our STEM class provides opportunities each week to solve problems in teams and compete while learning about various concepts in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math.
*Our Art class this year: Oil pastel is a fantastic medium for transitioning young artists from black and white to color. Lessons will use both oil pastel and pencil to cover fine arts concepts such as color, blending, light and shadow, perspective and dimension, and layering and composition. Class is fun and upbeat, and students apply everything they learn immediately into their work.
*Our Gym class consists of strength & conditioning, fun activities (like dodgeball, basketball, capture the football, soccer) as well as learning important skills such as sportsmanship, attitude, leadership, and more. Whether your student is extremely athletic or dreads sports, our tutor makes this class enjoyable for all!
*Younger kids (ages 2-6) will be divided into 3 multi-aged groups that will each have educational experiences and opportunities to grow. Each day is filled with hands-on learning such as arts and crafts, play-dough, large motor/high energy time, show and tell, science, story time, snack time, free time, and tons of engaging interaction with their tutors and each other.
7. Yearbooks. At the end of the year, all students have the option to purchase a bright, colorful yearbook to remember their adventures in homeschooling! The yearbook is completely optional, but it's a great addition to your memory box! Parents //children create a yearbook page for each child, and Wings compiles all the pages into a beautifully bound and professionally printed book!
8. Mom Tea. Every fall, we host a special Moms' Tea. This is an informational night to explain policies & procedures, fill out emergancy forms, and an opportunity for moms to connect and hear from the tutors. It's a beautiful way to kick off the school year.
9. Field trips! Throughout the year, we will have opportunities for field trips as a group. These are totally optional, parent-initiated, and a lot of fun!
10. Affordable! We work very hard to keep our prices as affordable as possible. You can expect to spend about $275 per student per school year. This averages out to less than $22 for 3 hours of classes per week, per child All enrollments are for the full year. Upon registration, exact class prices will be listed.
Think Wings might be a good fit for your family?
Still have questions about Wings, please contact us!
· Registrar: [email protected]
· Ready to join? Membership and registration will be live for new families on June 8th, 2022.