Families for Home Education (FHE)
Families for Home Education, the oldest and largest statewide home school organization in Missouri, has been serving Missouri home educators since 1983. FHE is comprised of members – you, not just a board and staff. The purpose of FHE is to protect the inalienable right of the parents of Missouri to teach their own children without state regulation and control.
FHE works to achieve these ends in the following ways:
- Publishes First Things First, a Guide for the Missouri Home Educator
- Holds workshops and special events for new home educators – connecting them with the homeschool community and providing materials and information
- Provides speakers for meetings and events –for support groups, local events, and homeschool conventions across the state
- Maintains a lobbyist in Jefferson City
- Maintains relationships and communication with Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA) – working hand-in-hand to ensure your right to home educate in the state of Missouri
- Publishes a newsletter, the FHE Bulletin, for our members
- Maintains communication with FHE members through MailChimp messages which include legislative alerts, important information concerning homeschool issues, and notices that the Bulletin Newsletters have been posted on the FHE “Members Only” portion of this website. (Note to members: Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book to help keep the emails from going to your junk box.)
- Hosts an annual Rally at the Capitol Rotunda (March 5, 2019) All homeschool families welcome!!
- and more…
FHE divides the state of Missouri into 7 regions. We are in Region 5 and have a wonderful regional director. Meet Don & Kim Quon!
Don and Kim Quon
877-696-6343, ext. 5
The greater St. Louis area is a wonderful place to homeschool!
Our region covers 9 counties:
St Louis, St Charles, Jefferson, Franklin, Gasconade, Lincoln, Montgomery, Osage, and Warren.
There are many support groups, resources, cultural and
educational events and activities from which to choose.
We are here to help you whether it is a question about the MO homeschooling law,
local support group information, or seminars
that will give you valuable information to pursue your homeschooling journey.
You asked and we listened.
Need some uninterrupted time to plan for high school
Bring your lunch, and FHE will provide bottled water,
This event is free for FHE members; $5 donation for non-FHE members.
FHE High School Planning Party locations:
August 4 - AT S.H.A.R.E.
Save the dates:
September 15 Resource Fair
November 3 Regional Leadership Meeting