2020 FHE Homeschool Day at the Capitol
March 3, 2020
2020 FHE Homeschool Day at the Capitol
Capitol Construction will begin March 2, 2018 and continue until the end of 2020
“Visitors will continue to enter the Capitol through the south carriage & west public entrances.”
New Name – Same Great Event!
In the past was the
FHE Rally at the Capitol Rotunda
Save the Date
Tuesday, March 3, 2020
First Floor Capitol Rotunda
Make Plans Now to Attend and Support Missouri Homeschooling!
See you there!
"How to Maximize Your Day at the Capitol"
- Contact your Senator and/or Representative ahead of time to let them know you will be at the Capitol to attend the FHE Rally and that you would like to stop by his/her office for a short visit.
(If you would like to bring cookies to your senator and representive, the legislators and staff appreciate the thoughtfulness!)
** Note any appointments should be made so they will be completed before 12:00pm or will begin after 2:00pm to allow your family time to come and go from the Rally
- Plan a Capitol Tour Capitol Tours
You can also explore the Capitol on your own. Pick up a self-guided tour booklet from the Tour desk just off the Capitol Rotunda.
- Visit the Missouri State Museum located on the first floor of the Capitol on either side of the Rotunda.
- Consider Field Trip Extras There are many other sites to visit in Jefferson City. Here are a few:
- The Missouri Governor's Mansion Tour
- The Supreme Court Building is located on High street across from the Capitol. Tours are available, but reservations are recommended and can be made by contacting Supreme Court of Missouri at 573-751-4144
- Missouri State Highway Patrol Safety Education Center and Museum is located at 1510 East Elm. Reservations are recommended and are required for groups of more than 10. Call 573 526-6149 to make reservations.
Reminders and Tips
- Know your Missouri State Senator and/or Representative and their office number. Legislator Look Up
- Visit the FHE table for a “calling card” to leave with your Senator and/or Representative in the event you are unable to visit with them personally. Talking points will also be available.
- Just a Reminder – Please be courteous! As you visit and move around on the Capitol, remember, this is a place of business. Also, the Senator’s and Reprensentatives’s offices are small. Please leave strollers out in the hall.
- If you would like a copy of the Missouri Constitution or the 2016 General Assembly Roster visit the Secretary of State’s Office, State Capitol Room 208.
Municipal Parking Garage at 200 Madison (southeast corner Madison & Capitol Ave.) Daily Parking Rate: $0.50/hr for first 2 hours, $1.00/hr thereafter, $6.00 max per day. Parking Information Link
Metered Parking $0.25 – $0.50 per hour
Note: Be sure not to let your parking meter run out. They do give parking tickets!
Downtown Jefferson City Map
- Additional Reminders:
The Rally will begin promptly at 12:30 pm and will conclude by 2:00 pm.
Be sure to allow plenty of time to get parked and to the building.
While they are making improvements to the outside of the building the circle drive around the Capitol building is blocked in the front and the back is only for dropping students off at the west entrance. This means parking is a little more limited and you may need to allow more time for walking to get to the Capitol. Be careful about the time limits on parking, they do give tickets.
There is a security check at each entrance, so allow extra time to get into the building.
At present, to get into the Capitol there are 3 entrances available. One at the West end of the building. One on the south side of the building. This entrance is the carriage entrance and you must enter at the west side of the carriage entrance. The last entrance is at the parking garage entrance at the east end of the Capitol building. You may not drive into the parking garage. It is only for the legislators, but you can enter on foot.
See You There!