Caution: uncheck this box if you are on a public computer (i.e. Hotel, Coffee Shop)
Request Membership in this Organization!
* indicates a required answer.
RETURNING MEMBERS: Our Application Process will run until February 29th for our returning members. During those dates, we ask returning members to fill out the application below. We will still accept your application after February 29th; however, at that time we will begin to accept new members to fill remaining spots. We will be posting a tentative class schedule very soon. You should expect the usual types of classes, such as sciences, language arts and some electives. Many of our classes remain the same as last year. A list of 2019 classes will remain below until a new list is available.
After you complete the application, you will receive a confirmation email, providing you with an address to which to send the registration fee and informing you of the forms you need to complete. The non-refundable registration fee for the 2020-2021 school year will be $115. This registration fee will be due before you are allowed to register on March 15th. There will also be a $50 donation to Grace Pointe Church, due in August before the start of the school year.
For all returning members who have paid their fee, an email will be sent with login information for our registration system and registration for classes will begin March 20th.
INTERESTED FAMILIES: Please complete an application below to help us get to know you a little bit. Once you have submitted an application our Leadership Team will reach out to schedule an Open House visit. Attending an Open House is a valuable way for you to experience a day at Explorers while allowing your family and our Leadership Team to determine if our co-op is a good fit for you. The application does not obligate you in any way.
**Note: No money or other paperwork is needed until your application is approved and you commit to joining the co-op. Feel free to contact the Leadership Team at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The non-refundable registration fee for the 2020-2021 school year is $115. This registration fee will be due before you are allowed to register on March 15th. There will also be a $50 donation to Grace Pointe Church, due in August before the start of the school year.
Additional fees include:
1) Classes will require payment of a class fee to cover supplies for activities and labs. The class fees will be listed on the class registration database. We will attempt to keep these class supply fees as low as possible. Some classes may require a separate book fee that is not included in the class supply fees and which will be due during the summer before school begins. Curriculum is usually not included in class supply fees.
2) Each year we ask co-op families to consider making a donation to our "capital improvement" fund. Over the years these monies have been used for various projects, including new tables and flat-screen TVs for each classroom. Donations to Explorers above the required fees are tax-deductible.
3) We request each family to donate two reams of paper. Grace Pointe graciously allows us to make a reasonable number of copies using their copier. Our donation of two reams of paper per family helps them keep their paper supply well stocked.
Once you commit to joining Explorers, you will need to print and complete these forms:
1) Sign the last page of the handbook.
2) Release of liability form
3) Background check forms--each family (both husband and wife) new to the co-op must participate in a background check. This confidential testing is required by Grace Pointe to ensure the safety of our children. In addition current families will need to update their background check information every other year.
4) Sign the release for permission to have photographs taken.
The co-op fee and forms should be mailed to Jennifer Schulmeister, 957 Manassas Dr, Hixson, TN 37347.
Our co-op thrives on the dedication of our members. All members are expected to teach. Please prayerfully consider where your strengths lie and let us know in the appropriate section below.
There is a nursery (ages 0-2) available for families requiring childcare for afternoon classes only. If a morning Nursery becomes a need it will be considered. If you have a child in the nursery, you will be asked to serve in the nursery during at least one class period.
PREVIOUS EXPLORERS MEMBER
PREVIOUS SCIENCE OLYMPIAD MEMBER
MOTHER'S CELL PHONE
FATHER'S CELL PHONE
I would like to teach or co-teach with the following grade levels
Which subjects are you interested in teaching?
Suggestions of classes you would like to see Explorers offer in the future
NEW FAMILIES: What are you looking for in a co-op?
NEW FAMILIES: How did you hear about Explorers?
Below, enter information for each of your children attending co-op.
CHILD #1 NAME
CHILD #2 NAME
CHILD #3 NAME
CHILD #4 NAME
CHILD #5 NAME
CHILD #7 NAME
If there is enough interest, immediately after co-op on Tuesday afternoons, there may be middle and high school Science Olympiad meetings. If you are interested in your child participating, please select the grade level. Visit their website at http://ehamiddleso.weebly.com/index.html
CHOOSE ALL THAT APPLY