Caution: uncheck this box if you are on a public computer (e.g. Hotel, Coffee Shop)
Request Membership in this Organization!
indicates a required answer
Our Application Process is now open. Please fill out the application below. A tentative 2021-2022 class schedule is posted on the website; however, classes may be changed/added to fit the needs/desires of our members.
Upon completion of the application, applicants will receive a confirmation email, a list of the forms that will need to be completed, and an invoice. The non-refundable registration fee for the 2021-2022 school year will be $115. This registration fee will be due before being allowed to register for classes. There will also be a $50 donation to Mile Straight Baptist Church, due in August before the start of the fall semester and again in December before the start of the spring semester.
For applicants who have paid their fee, an email will be sent with login information for our registration system at which time registration for classes may begin.
INTERESTED FAMILIES: Please complete an application below to help us get acquainted then plan to attend one of our open houses. Attending an Open House is a valuable way to allow families and our Leadership Team to determine if our co-op is a good fit as well as explore our great new facility. The application does not obligate families in any way and unless there is a commitment to join, the registration fee and paperwork will not be required.
**Note: Feel free to contact the Leadership Team at [email protected] with any questions.
The non-refundable registration fee for the 2021-2022 school year is $115. This registration fee will be due before being allowed to register. There will also be a $50 donation to Mile Straight Baptist Church, due in August before the start of the first semester and again in December before the start of the spring semester.
Additional fees include:
1) Classes will require payment of a class fee to cover supplies for activities and labs. The class fees will be listed on the class registration database. We will attempt to keep these class supply fees as low as possible. Some classes may require a separate book fee that is not included in the class supply fees and which will be due during the summer before school begins. Curriculum is usually not included in class supply fees.
2) Each year we ask co-op families to consider making a donation to our "capital improvement" fund. Over the years these monies have been used for various projects, including new tables and flat-screen TVs for each classroom. Donations to Explorers above the required fees are tax-deductible.
3) We request each family to donate one ream of paper on the first day of class. The need for another ream before spring semester will later be evaluated. Mile Straight Baptist will graciously allow us to make a reasonable number of copies using their copier. Our donation of one ream of paper per family helps them keep their paper supply well stocked.
Once a commitment has been made to join Explorers, please print and complete these forms:
1) Sign the last page of the handbook.
2) Release of liability form
3) Background check forms--each family (the parent/parents attending with child/children) new to the co-op must participate in a background check. This confidential testing is required by Mile Straight Baptist to ensure the safety of our children. In addition current families will need to update their background check information every other year.
4) Sign the release for permission to have photographs taken.
Our co-op thrives on the dedication of our members. All members are expected to teach. Please prayerfully consider where your strengths lie and let us know in the appropriate section below.
There is a nursery (ages 0-2) available for families requiring childcare for afternoon classes only. If a morning Nursery becomes a need it will be considered. If you have a child in the nursery, you will be asked to serve in the nursery during at least one class period.
MOTHER'S CELL PHONE
FATHER'S CELL PHONE
I would like to teach or co-teach with the following grade levels
Which subjects are you interested in teaching?
Suggestions of classes you would like to see Explorers offer in the future
NEW FAMILIES: What are you looking for in a co-op?
NEW FAMILIES: How did you hear about Explorers?
Below, enter information for each of your children attending co-op.
CHILD #1 NAME
CHILD #2 NAME
CHILD #3 NAME
CHILD #4 NAME
CHILD #5 NAME
CHILD #7 NAME
CHOOSE ALL THAT APPLY