Academic Programs at OCHA
We partner with Christian families in educating their children at home!
OCHA provides variety and flexibility so you can choose a program that best suits your family. Whether you're looking for a complete program crafted to your child's individual needs, need a teacher to guide your student from home while you work, want to customize your child's educational experience or you're just looking for a hands-on Science course with a Christian-worldview while you do the rest at home - we are here for you!
Below you'll find several programs OCHA offers:
- A.C.E. with various options for grades K-12
- Lecture Courses on-campus
- A La Carte options to customize your program
Accelerated Christian Education - A.C.E.
A.C.E. provides Bible-based K–12 curriculum, consisting of reading programs, core curriculum, and electives
with an individualized, self-instructional, mastery-based approach.
OCE has used A.C.E. as its primary curriculum for over 40 years and can attest to its success!
Academic Program students grades K-12th are eligible to participate in the following extra-curricular activities:
(additional fees may apply)
- On-campus Events and Programs
- Athletic Program(Basketball/Volleyball-5th grade & up)
- Orchestra (5th grade & up)
- Standardized testing
- Awards and Commencement Ceremony
- Field trips
- Field Day
- School Pictures
Application fee*: TBD
On-campus - Fee per student
*These are non-refundable fees and apply to all Academic Programs
*Tuition fees are non-refundable
*Payment plans available
1. If you’ve decided OCHA’s Academic Program is a good fit for your family you’ll apply for your website membership by completing the online registration process.
2. Once your registration has been completed the Homeschool Coordinator will review your submission and contact you to schedule a consultation if one has not already been completed.
3. A non-refundable $75 application fee will be assigned to your account and must be paid prior to website membership approval.
4. After receipt of the application fee your Member Account will be created. The Homeschool Coordinator will contact you to schedule any required assessments. Assessments can be taken on-campus or online. If taking on-campus assessments your account will be invoiced and the assessment fees must be paid in full prior to the scheduled assessment date. Online assessments are free and can be done at your leisure.
5. Once assessments are complete a family interview is scheduled. In the event an on-campus interview is not possible, a video call interview will be scheduled. During your interview you will be notified of your student’s academic placement, admission status and any additional required documentation will be requested.
6. Following your family interview, registration fees and annual tuition charges will be applied to your Member Account. The registration fee and annual tuition must be paid before the first day of class. *If you have agreed to a payment plan - the registration fee and first payment must be paid prior to the first day of class.
Hybrid Grades 1st-12th
The Hybrid A.C.E. program is a blend of learning at home and school on-campus. In addition to teacher guidance at home, Hybrid students will participate in on-campus Learning Center instruction three days a week- Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays. This will give the student the opportunity to receive additional academic support and take PACE tests while in a classroom setting with their peers.
Hybrid A.C.E. students in grades 1st-6th are also eligible to participate in the Enrichment Program which takes place each Wednesday from 8:30a-3:30p, for an additional fee.
OCHA will work closely with Hybrid A.C.E. families to:
- Assess and place the student in the appropriate books
- Provide curriculum and required books
- Evaluate student performance throughout the year
- Manage student records (grades, reports)
- Assist with the creation of a daily schedule for at home days
- Guide the student’s academic progress
To achieve our mission of partnering with Christian homeschool families, we offer the opportunity for parents to choose courses that best fulfill the educational needs of their students, both on and off campus.
- Students will be assessed for age/grade appropriate placement.
- Teachers will assign work to be completed on home days.
- Tuition includes book fees.
- Supplies may be required.