- Tuesdays & Thursdays
- Please note, this class meets twice per week.
- Students need to have completed Precalculus.
- Students scoring a B or better in a pre-requisite class taken at WHCT are
not required to take a placement test for the next level class.
- All other students must pass a short placement test prior to registration.
Course Text and Calculator:
- Briggs, Cochran, Gillett, Calculus, Early Transcendentals, 2e
- any graphing calculator approved for use on the ACT (TI-84 Plus preferred)
This course is an introduction to Calculus.
It is the first course of the three-course college calculus sequence.
If taken in high school, it is considered an Honors Course.
Topics include limits and continuity; the derivative; applications of the derivative; integrals; inverse functions and
techniques of integration; and applications of the integral such as area under a curve and volumes of rotation.
- binder with tabs labeled Notes, Homework, Study Materials, Assessments.
- Loose-leaf paper
- Loose-leaf graph paper
- pencils, blue pen, red pen
- high-quality metal compass (not plastic)
- ACT-approved graphing calculator (TI-84+ preferred)