HOPE Homeschool RGV Statement of Faith
- The Bible is the inspired and infallible Word of God and constitutes His completed and final revelation to man.
- The Bible, in its original autograph, is without error in whole or in part, including theological concepts as well as geographical and historical details. (II Timothy 3:16, Psalm 89:34, II Peter 1:20-21, Revelation 22:18-19).
- God has existed from all eternity in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ was God come in the human flesh, virgin born, being fully God and fully man, except without sin (Genesis 1:26, John 1:1-3, 14, Matthew 28:19, I John 5:7, Revelation 1:7-8, II Corinthians 5:21, Matthew 1:23).
- All men are in violation of God’s righteous requirements and His holy character both by nature and act and are therefore under His wrath and just condemnation (Romans 5:12).
- The central purpose of the coming of Jesus Christ was to pay the penalty for man’s sin through His substitutionary death on the cross, the successful accomplishment of which was attested to by His subsequent visible, bodily resurrection (Romans 6:23, Romans 5:9, I John 2:2, I Peter 2:24, Hebrews 9:22, I Corinthians 15:3-6).
- Salvation is offered as a gift, free to the sinner. This gift must be responded to in individual faith, not trusting in any personal works whatsoever, but in the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ alone (Ephesians 2:8-9, Titus 3:5, John 1: 12).
- God established systems of responsibility to maintain order in His Creation. Mankind benefits when individuals respect and uphold the institution of marriage between one man and one woman, and the authority of parents in the family. (Genesis 2:23-24, Deuteronomy 5:16, Ephesians 6:1)
H.O.P.E. Membership categories are based on Family Agreement with the Statement of Faith.
Voting Member – Both parents agree with the H.O.P.E. Statement of Faith. This membership has voting and leadership privileges. One vote per family membership.
Associate Member –One or both parents may not agree with all points of the Statement of Faith, but agree to not contradict the tenets of the Statement of Faith whenever participating in H.O.P.E. activities. This membership does not have voting privileges and neither the parents nor their children may hold positions of leadership in H.O.P.E.