A FEW THINGS BEFORE YOU JOIN...
- Memberships are offered “by family” (one per family) under the presumption that the family is currently educating or planning to educate their children at home according to A.R.S. §15-802-G-2. Eastside does not extend membership to families enrolled in virtual charter schools or public-school-at- home programs.
- Membership requires a very small volunteer commitment. Inability to fulfill your commitment will result in being "parked" as a member.
- Eastside Explorers reserves the right to deny membership to any applicant who could reasonably be deemed to pose a safety risk to our group. Likewise, we reserve the right to revoke any memberships without refund based on conflicts of either our By Laws, Statement of Faith, Honor Code or by majority vote of our Board.
- Prospective members may visit a Park Day or Mom's meet-up before choosing to join our group. (Contact us HERE to coordinate that!)
- All persons wishing to become members shall apply for membership as prescribed by the Board of Directors and be approved by a majority vote of the Board at any regular or special meeting. Applicants for membership may be provisionally accepted by the Membership Director between meetings of the Board upon the payment of the fee set by the Board.
- It is our intention to keep our group flexible to the changing needs and creativity of our members. Members may form small groups, programs, classes, or events within Eastside Explorers as desired once approved by the Board of Directors.
- Members may participate in other co-ops, however, members may not serve in leadership positions within those co-ops since it creates a conflict of interest. Any member who demonstrates such conflict, questionable intentions or actions that create division within our group or with members, will be asked to leave the group.
- Please contact us if you have any questions at all regarding membership.
SIGN UP FOR A NEW MEMBERSHIP
Q: What does my Membership include?
- Access to our calendar, forum, entire website, and private Facebook page
- Discounted and free field trips
- Specialized small groups (i.e. God's Girls, 12-14 Girls, Teen Events, Mom's Time Out, Book Clubsm Prayer Group, Boys Club)
- Weekly Park days
- Holiday parties
- Special events such as Family BBQ, Friendsgiving, Geography Fair, Science Fair, Market Day Talent Showcase and Art Fair
- Optional drop-off classes
- Community, endless support and great friends!
Q: Do you have other children my kids' ages?
Eastside's kids range from infants through highschoolers with a high concentration of Elementary students. We offer Small Groups for different ages to give them a chance to connect with their peers.
Q: What kind of activities can we do? Do we have to do them all?
We offer 2 field trips a month, monthly Small Group gatherings, weekly Park Days, Mom's Time Out, family events, drop-off classes and more. You do not need to do everything but we do require our members to attend a minimum of two (2) events per month. This ensures that everyone is being seen, heard and is an active part of our community.
Q: Do you offer classes?
We do offer classes! Our classes are different than a traditional co-op in that parents "drop-off" and pay the costs to a qualified teacher. Our members have found that this is great compromise for children wanting a "school" experience with social interactions. Parents also love using the time to meet up with a friend, run errands, or take some personal time. Check out our "CLASSES" tab for more info.
Q: I'm new to homeschooling and feeling overwhelmed. Can I get help?
Yes! We are so glad you asked. Our seasoned homeschool moms have a heart for mentoring new families. We would love the opportunity to chat on the phone, meet for coffee or take you to Covenant Resource center (our favorite homeschool spot for curriculum). Contact our Membership Team HERE to be connected. It's our joy to come alongside you!