Greater Milwaukee Catholic Home Educators, founded by two moms in 1991, is a Christian homeschool support group for Catholic families in the Southeast Wisconsin area.
Our Philosophy Statement
We believe that God is our heavenly Father as Jesus taught us. (Lk, 11:2-4)
We believe that Jesus is the Son of God. (John, 14:6)
We believe that the Holy Spirit remains with us today in the Catholic Church to enlighten, guide, and instruct us. (John, 14:26)
We believe that the Blessed Virgin Mary is the Immaculata, God's masterpiece of human nature, wholly beautiful and without a blemish (Cant. 4:7), and full of grace (Luke 1:28). She is our Mother and as Mediatrix of Grace, continually reminds us to do whatever He tells us. (John, 2:5)
We believe that the Nicene Creed succinctly summarizes our Catholic Faith.
We believe that Sacred Scripture and Sacred Tradition make up a single Sacred deposit of the Word of God, which is entrusted to the Church. (Dogmatic Constitution on Divine Revelation, 9, 10)
We believe that parents must be acknowledged as the first and foremost educators of their children. (Gravissimum Educationis, 3)
We believe in fidelity to the Magisterium of the Church when the Pope speaks infallibly.
To offer support and encouragement to the Catholic home educator through group meetings, field trips, email lists, prayers, and sacrifices.
To promote Catholic home education as a vibrant, positive, and challenging opportunity to educate our children in the fullness of their faith.
To strengthen, inspire, and spiritually uplift one another to live an authentic Catholic family lifestyle, as exemplified by the Holy Family.
To highly esteem and fully embrace the sacramental ideal of marriage as taught by the Catholic Church, thereby proclaiming the Gospel message of holiness to the world.
To serve Christ in others, "keeping Christ in our hearts and in our homes."
Our Patron Saint
St. Philomena is our group's patron.
Learn more about her here and here.
Saint Philomena shrine in Briggsville, WI
Saint Philomena, pray for us.
"Keeping Christ in our Hearts and in our Homes"
Website Use Policy
- Any information found in our GMCHE Family Directory is not for public use, mailings, or solicitations.
- No member contact information should be given to non-GMCHE members.
- Photos found on the GMCHE site must not be copied and shared elsewhere. They are intended for the GMCHE members' enjoyment only.
- If you share photos in the GMCHE Photo Gallery, please note the date and event.
- Business must be that of a registered GMCHE member.
- No courtesy postings accepted for non-members.
Member Forum Posts
- To respect member privacy, please contact the author of a forum post for permission to share posted information to non-members outside of this member site.
- Only homeschooled graduates (8th and 12th grades) of registered GMCHE families may participate in the graduating class ceremonies.
- Must be a registered GMCHE member to participate.
- As with any GMCHE event, when enrollment is limited, Catholic homeschoolers will be given priority of non-Catholic and non-homeschooling (virtual charter schooling) families.
- All events will be posted on the GMCHE Calendar.
- If you would like an event cross posted on the 'Upcoming Events' forum please link the Calendar event on the thread. The forum posting should be a summary with all detail on the GMCHE Calendar.