THINK will be meeting in person for the Spring 2022 semester. We will adhere to CDC guidelines and, for now, masks will be required indoors at all times. Outdoor masking is optional. We ask that people be mindful of keeping an appropriate distance whether inside or out.
Thank you for your interest in THINK.
We are a homeschool co-op with a diverse membership of about 90 families, each with their own unique approach to homeschooling. There are two qualities that distinguish THINK from other homeschool co-ops in the area:
- We are a secular group. We accept people of all faiths; however, we do not offer faith-based content or shared prayer at any of our functions.
- We are an allergy-sensitive group. Any food that is brought to any of our functions must adhere to our nut-free guidelines.
THINK membership is open to all homeschooling families who share the mission stated below and want to network with other like-minded families:
To provide an environment for homeschooling families to share educational resources and camaraderie, and to encourage learning in its broadest sense.
THINK Membership Benefits Include:
- Access to THINK Day Classes:
- Held on Mondays in Odessa during two different 12-week semesters in the fall and spring.
- Provide lots of wonderful opportunities for social interaction with about 30+ families participating each semester
- Consist of a 5-period schedule created each semester based on the interests of members
- Taught by parents and professional teachers
- Take as many or as few classes as you like. Costs vary depending on the classes chosen. There is a per-semester, per-family fee of $35 which goes towards rent and supplies used on THINK Days
- NOTE: Although 4-year-olds may enroll in classes with a 4+ designation, THINK is for homeschooling families and those planning to homeschool. We are NOT a preschool program. Should a class for this age group become full, priority will always be given to families who have an older sibling attending THINK Day classes.
- Field Trips, Outings, Community Events and Service Projects:
- Planned by members throughout the year to provide opportunities for children and families to get to know each other outside of THINK Day and enjoy educational experiences together. Costs, if any, are paid by each family.
- Annual Events (dependent upon member interest):
- Annual Spring Showcase
- Halloween/Winter Party
- Periodic Educational or Other Fun Events
- Facebook Group
- In addition to the forum, members can post to the THINK Facebook page. This site allows THINK members to really get to know each other and share their news.
- Access to loads of resources and links.
To become a member, click here and complete the membership registration form.
Membership is $21 per academic year.
Our academic year begins on June 1 and ends on May 31.
Questions? Email [email protected]
NOTE: At certain times we may have to limit the size of the co-op due to space and management considerations. If we accumulate a waiting list of interested families, we will draw from the waiting list according to the needs of the group. Families will be added to the group at the Administrative Team's discretion. Reasons for adding one family over another may include but are not limited to, space available for child(ren) of that (those) age(s), and the parent's ability and willingness to teach a high demand class, etc