Faq's about the Haverhill Area Homeschool Support Group
Who are we?
- We are a group of families who have determined that homeschooling is the best choice for our children.
- We are associated with MassHOPE and subscribe to the MassHOPE Statement of Faith
What *Don't* we do?
- We don't tell you "what" Curriculum to use.
- We don't tell you "where" to school
- We don't tell you "when" to school
- We don't tell you "how" to school
- We don't even necessarily tell you "why" to school
We will, however be happy to help you with the variety of answers that we have found individually to each of those questions...
What do we do?
- Monthly support group meetings for parents that include a devotional, encouragement, and usually discussion about a given topic.
- Organize field trips, outings, and special events (we have held education achievement fairs, "field day", and pot luck dinners, to name a few)
- Network and encourage one another in our homeschool journeys
"Homeschooling Course for Parents": Why? How? What? When?These questions and more answered in a 26 week "E-course" Homeschooling ABC's
~ Acorns ~ Nuggets of Gold ~ Lis Penney's Blog with Homeschool Curriuclum Reviews from The Old Schoolhouse Review Crew as well as other "nuggets of gold"