Caution: uncheck this box if you are on a public computer (i.e. Hotel, Coffee Shop)
Request Membership in this Homeschool Group for the 2019-2020 School Year.
* indicates a required answer.
Our online community is a place where we share with each other a variety of things: joy on the journey, apprehensions, fears, triumphs, frustration, and victories. A forum would not be complete without straightforward curriculum inquiries, and shared teaching methods too. Our main goal is to afford each one of you a place where you feel safe to share with others, all in the name of the Lord Jesus. Without Him we would have absolutely no power to begin or continue in this endeavor to Homeschool.
As you would expect, we do have a few guidelines that you should be aware of as a new member. This forum is provided as a service to registrants of Calvary Old Bridge-HEG exclusively.
Proverbs 25:11 (NKJV)
11 A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver.
2 Timothy 3:16-17 NKJV
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
3. Legislative alerts are also great to share and can be very helpful for those not registered with HSLDA.
4. The advertising of home school related items to sell or give away are allowed, such as, curriculum and/or teaching aids. These items can be displayed for a given time on our Classifieds Link. Other items such as desks, pianos, chalk/white boards to name a few that can benefit our Homeschool community may be posted as well. We however discourage posting items of a third party. Any items posted should be items that you are personally selling or giving away as you will assume the responsibility of said items.
5. Some participants have the opportunity to supplement their homes with a home business such as Avon, Pampered Chef, and Creative Memories to name a few. We ask that you not use the forum as a means to promote your business or advertise upcoming events relating to your business.
6. If you would like to advertise an event held at a church other than Calvary Old Bridge, please first contact HEGCommunity@ccob.org.
7. Lastly, conflict is never an easy thing to deal with or a comfortable thing. If any member feels she/he has been offended, please do not respond to the other party publicly via this forum. If this principle is breeched, your use of the forum may be limited and you may be required to meet with the Calvary Old Bridge-HEG leadership. Thankfully, the Bible provides guidelines in which to handle conflicts amongst the brethren.
Matthew 18:15, 16 says:
Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother. But if he will not hear, take with you one or two more, that by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
Please keep in mind that we serve a God who is able to reconcile and restore.