CHEACC Statement of Faith
Our Statement of Faith is an established standard of CHEACC. It may not be altered or amended in any way.
1. I believe in one God, who is eternally existent in three persons:
a) God the Father, Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth.
b) God the Son, Jesus Christ, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin, who suffered, died and was buried. On the third day He rose bodily from the dead, He ascended into heaven where He now lives, sitting at the right hand of God the Father. He shall return literally from heaven to judge the living and the dead.
c) God the Holy Spirit, sent into the world from the Father and the Son, who inspired the writing of the Scriptures. He convicts the world of sin, righteousness and judgment. He affects spiritual birth. He indwells, enlightens, and empowers believers and the church in worship, evangelism, and service.
2. All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness. (2 Timothy 3:16, NKJV)
3. I believe God originally created man righteous and without sin. Adam and Eve, by an act of disobedience, brought sin and its consequences upon themselves and the whole human race.
4. That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes to righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made to salvation. (Romans 10:9-10, NKJV)
5. That the consequence of rejecting Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior is eternal separation from God in hell. Accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior is to be justified by His grace with the promise of eternal life in God's presence.
6. It is the responsibility of each individual family to abide by the teachings of Christ. We recognize the ecumenical nature of CHEACC and agree to respectfully refrain from teaching or presenting anything that would be contrary to this statement of faith in all CHEACC sponsored activities.
7. It is the responsibility of each individual family in matters of dress, behavior and speech to be wholesome and in no way detract from the purpose of CHEACC and the principles by which it is founded.