GCHE Statement of Faith
Georgetown Christian Home Educators, Georgetown, Texas
- We believe that there is one living and true God; an infinite, intelligent Spirit, perfect in all His attributes, one in essence but eternally subsistent in three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the fall of man; although originally created in the image of God and in fellowship with God, through the disobedience of Adam, man fell into a sinful and spiritually impotent state, totally unable to justify himself before God.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the express image of the invisible God, which is to say He is God; that He became man, yet without sin, being conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary of the Tribe of Judah; that He died on the cross as a substitutionary sacrifice for sin; that He arose from the dead in the body in which He was crucified; that He ascended into heaven in the body glorified, where He is now, our interceding High Priest; and that He will return again personally, visibly, and gloriously.
- We believe that salvation is wholly of God, by grace; that God in love gave His only Son to die on the cross for sin, thus procuring the redemption of those who come to Him; that this salvation is not merited in any way by man; that God commands men everywhere to repent of sin and believe in Christ; that those who do not repent and believe receive an eternal punishment in a literal hell; while those who do repent and believe receive an eternal salvation which is demonstrated by good works, and eternity in God's presence in a literal heaven.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, inerrant work of God, and the only infallible guide for our daily lives, and of supreme and final authority in faith and life, and that we are born again by the living and abiding word of God.
- We believe that children are gifts from God and that, as parents, we are fully responsible for their education, instilling Godly character, training our children by instruction and example to love God with all their heart, soul, mind and strength and to love their neighbors as themselves.
A Statement of Faith is included with the application, and must be signed for membership. (See Article 2, Section A of GCHE Constitution and By-Laws).