TESTING/NOTICE OF INTENT/Public School Contacts
Home Instruction Contacts, Forms & Testing Opportunites
Whether new to homeschooling or a veteran, each family is required to turn a "NOI" or Notice of Intent to homeschool. After the first time doing this, it gets much easier! PWCPS is accepting NOIs by email, fax (is that still a thing?) and snailmail, BUT please know that if you send it by snailmail or fax, you will most likely experience a delay in receipt of your paperwork (HOWEVER, you control the amt of info they get!). ALSO, for PWCPS, you DO NOT have to have a ParentVUE account in order to submit.
Select the county in which you live to go to your corresponding Home Instruction page.
Notice of Intent to Homeschool is usually due AUGUST 15th (or as soon as possible if mid-year) to your county. Be sure to keep a copy of your submissions every year...just in case!
If you need further assistance with this, contact us HERE.
*TAKE the PSAT/NMSQT in the 11th grade to be automatically in the running for the MERIT SCHOLARSHIPS available!
DID YOU KNOW?
- may partially enroll in up to 2 high school classes, including electives (choir, drama, etc.)
- may participate in Advanced Placement (AP), Preliminary SAT (PSAT) & National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (NMSQT) examinations!
- are eligible to receive AP and PSAT testing [Free in PWC...8th, 9th, 10th & 11th grades!] opportunities to the same extent as PWCPS students.
Parents will need to contact the counseling department at their child's base high school for:
- PSAT registration--BY THE FIRST WEEK OF SEPTEMBER
- AP test registration--BY LAST WEEK OF FEBRUARY