The Top 5 Things You Need To Know:
1. ROCK meets every MONDAY morning from 9:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Grace Church in Eden Prairie; 2nd Level - Children's Wing
(Optional afternoon program hours are approximately 1:00-3:00)
Dates for 2020-2021
1st Semester: 9/14 - 12/14 (No classes on Oct. 12)
2nd Semester: 1/25 - 5/10 (No classes on Feb. 15 nor April 5)
2. ROCK Academy is NOT a drop-off program.* Parents are involved in classes and have opportunities to connect with other parents in the program.
*Parents of high school students are not required to stay, but must agree to ROCK policies.
3. We offer classes for Preschool through High School; and also a Nursery for younger siblings.
4. ROCK Academy is an academic program with homework for students in 3rd grade and older. It is the expectation that all students will complete their homework to the best of their abilities, and that parents will play an active role in assuring that work is completed on time.
5. Classes offered at ROCK are thorough enough that there is no need to supplement with other curriculums or classes.*
*With the exception of phonics, spelling, or formal grammar.
Fees, Deadlines, & Discounts
|Registration Fee||New Members Only (one time)||$50/family||at time of Registration|
|Participation Fee||Annual Fee (administrative costs)||$150/family||August 15th|
|Class Deposit||Secure spot in class (non-refundable)||$25/child||at time of Registration|
|Afternoon Programming||Optional||$150/child/semester||at time of Registration|
|Class Tuition||varies||Paid in full by 11/15|
|Tuition Discounts||Classroom and Non-Classroom roles qualify.||varies||Ask Director|
|Military, Missionary, Pastor Discounts||Actively serving, or FT pastor||10% Discount||applied 10/15|
|Referral Credit||Families enrolled for at least one year||$50/family referred||applied 10/15|
CLICK ON A BUTTON TO LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR CLASSES & PRICES
Afternoons are the enrichment part of the day - the dessert after a full meal of learning all morning. The FUN!
This parent-led program is for families who want to squeeze in as many extra curricular activities into ONE DAY as possible. Sort of a "one-stop-shopping" experience. Parents who have strong interests or hobbies can start a Club for ROCK friends to join, like Chess Club, Rock Collectors Club, or Horse Club.
For the 2020-2021 year, Afternoon Classes and Clubs include Hands-on-History, a favorite class for kids that helps bring life to what is learned in the mornings, whether mummifying a Barbie, creating a Greek tile mosaic, or building a Roman aquaduct - the messier, the funner! Memory & Math Games, Health & Fitness, and Typing are also options. For high schoolers, we also offer Ultimate Survival: How to Survive After Graduation and also Greek & Roman Mythology.
Afternoons are usually a little more relaxed and kids get to be with their friends for a little while longer on Mondays.
Afternoon Clubs and Classes have a separate, reasonable fee of $150 per semester.