REACH Field Trip Guidelines
Field trips are arranged by REACH members. Any member can arrange one or more field trips for our group. Arranging a field trip can count as your service opportunity for the year. Any member can arrange a field trip even if they have already completed a different service opportunity. It's a blessing to our students when members are willing to provide more than one service opportunity.
REACH Field Trip Guidelines
As homeschoolers, we are still a minority in the population, and therefore, will be watched closely and scrutinized, especially when in groups. We want to leave a good impression and pave the way for greater freedoms for all home educating families. Field trips should be fun for all, educational, and a testimony of good training for those watching.
1. Guests: We do not allow guests for REACH student activities. Field trips and enrichment classes are for REACH members only. There will be no exceptions to this rule.
2. Preparation: Parents are to prepare their children for field trips by researching the topic of the field trip and discussing it with them. Parents are to assist their students in preparing appropriate questions.
3. Registration: Parents are to register before the deadline with the appropriate person. No parent, under any circumstances, is to show up for a field trip or enrichment class without registering. If payment is due in advance, parents are not to wait to pay on the day of the field trip or enrichment class.
4. Cancellations: Parents are to be thoughtful about cancellations. If a parent makes a reservation and then discovers they cannot attend the field trip, they are to call the contact person immediately. Often there is a waiting list of families wanting to participate, or a minimum number of people needed to form a group. If the parent cancels after the reservation cut-off date, they should still expect to pay any fees involved for the field trip. If any family is a "no show" two times (twice they sign up for a field trip and do not show up for them) they will not be allowed to attend any further field trips for that school year.
5. Punctuality: Parents are to be punctual. Families are to be at least 10 minutes early for any field trip or enrichment class.
6. Appearance: Parents are to be sure their children are dressed modest and neat.
7. Age Appropriateness: Parents are only to bring children who are the appropriate age for the field trip. We recognize the exception of nursing babies.
8. Parental Involvement: Parents MUST stay with their own children, unless arrangements are made for another parent to supervise their children. This is not the time for parents to visit with each other. We are to remember that we are professional teachers, giving utmost attention to our students.
9. Student Behavior: All children must behave in a courteous and controlled manner, able to follow directions, walk in a single file line, remain silent and attentive while someone is speaking to them, and raise hands to ask or answer questions. Each participating student and adult is expected to respect and follow the leader’s directions. If you have a child that is not able to display these godly behaviors, do not sign them up for a field trip or enrichment class. In the event a child or parent becomes disruptive or behaves in a manner that degrades the Christian witness of the group, the offending family will be asked to leave immediately by the group organizer.
10. Liability: When applying for REACH membership, BOTH parents must sign the electronic waiver legally promising to release REACH, its board of directors, activity coordinators, and all hosting property owners from any claim arising out of injury to their family. Parents are responsible for the supervision of their own children to ensure safety and avoid accidents.
11. Gratitude: Children and parents should express thankfulness to leaders and tour guides before and after the field trip. Thank you notes and small tokens of appreciation are always appropriate.
Upon acceptance of membership, members are acknowledging they have read the REACH Field Trip guidelines and agree to follow them.