The REACH Board of Directors and Their Statement of Faith
REACH Board of Directors Statement of Faith
(While it’s not a requirement for members to sign this statement of faith, it is important for our members to understand that the group will operate according to it.)
- We believe the Bible to be the infallible word of God, the supreme and final authority for all faith and life.
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension, and His imminent bodily return in power and glory.
- We believe the account of origins presented in Genesis is a factual presentation of actual events. The days in Genesis are seven, consecutive, twenty-four hour, literal days. The various forms of life were made by direct creative acts of God.
- We believe man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and, therefore, is lost, and only those who put their faith in Jesus Christ alone can be saved.
- We believe marriage is a God ordained institution consisting of the union of one man and one woman.
- We believe that salvation is a gift of God brought to man by grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, whose substitutionary death on the cross paid the penalty of man’s sin.
- We believe Christ has already done everything necessary by his death to remove our sins and make us holy from God’s point of view.
- We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to convince men, indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for godly living and service.