Ski Day Information
PLEASE READ ALL INFO BEFORE PURCHASING TICKETS DUE TO EXTREME CHANGES THIS YEAR. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND UNDERSTANDING!
Online waivers must be filled out PRIOR to any and all ski days. This will only need to complete once this season, but for each participant.
Ski Day Information HEY Ski Days for 2023 season are as follows:
Homeschool Group Rates
Lift, Ski Rental & Helmet = $31.00
Lift, Snowboard Rental & Helmet = $31.00
Adult or Child Lift Only .......................................... $17.00
Adult or Child Ski Rental Only .............................. $17.00
Snowboard Rental Only......................................... $17.00
Helmet Only .......................................................... $5.75
*If you have a child under the age of 7, you will need to add your required number of Under 7 Lift Tickets in the cart. There is a $0.00 amount for the ticket, but Giants Ridge needs to know this information before you get there.
**Please note that HEY has the right to use funds collected by rounding up ski day prices to offset the cost of transaction fees incurred by using the credit card processing company.
All payments must be made through the website. For Tuesday Ski Days, the deadline is midnight the Friday before. This is to allow time for all waivers to be verified by Giants Ridge. Payments can be made by clicking on the "Payment" link on the left in the black menu bar.
**When purchasing, you must list ALL names of participants in notes. Waivers will have to be matched before we can receive approval for our group.
Payment must be made through the website. This is the only way to pay. Period.
Please arrive between 9:00 and 10:30 to collect your tickets from Stephanie Maki. Her number is 218-780-3351. Please meet her in the main chalet on the second floor Stephanie will be at a table near the top of the stairs.
The skiing hours are 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., or until Giants Ridge closes for the day.
We must generally have 15 paid skiers to get the reduced rates. If for some reason you have to cancel at the last minute and our number is still above 15 people, you get your money back, as long as the tickets have not been purchased. If your cancellation should bring us below 15, we keep enough of your money to buy the necessary amount of tickets to make 15. If you have given us more than the needed amount, you get the rest back. If more than one family cancels at the last minute, all families who cancel share the cost of buying enough tickets to make 15.
Cancellations have to be made by 7:30 a.m. on the ski day. In order to cancel, you must text Stephanie at (218)780-3351, or call and leave a message. If you cancel after 7:30 and the tickets have been purchased, you are responsible to find someone to use/buy your tickets. Unfortunately, this has happened and families end up losing some or all of their money for the canceled tickets. Please call very early in the morning if you need to cancel on a ski day.
CHECK OUT ALL POLICIES AND RULES ON THE GIANTS RIDGE:
LET’S BE SAFE AND HAVE FUN!!
1. Belongings may not be left on the tables in the main chalet if you are not at the table. They must be lined along the walls.
2. No swearing, rude talk, unkind teasing, pushing, shoving, etc. Please act with kindness toward all. If you see someone who needs help, be helpful.
3. A parent must be present on a ski day. If a parent can’t be present, then another parent must be there and responsible for your children.
No dropping any students off.
4. Absolutely no bouncing or swinging on the chairlift, no dropping skis from the lift, no striking the lift towers with poles or skis, etc. Swinging or bouncing the chairlift can cause the chair to fall off. If you do any of these things, you will be disqualified from the next ski day and will have your pass taken away by the ski patrol for that day. It is against Giants Ridge’s rules and our group is expected to obey the rules. We must protect our good reputation.
5. It was specifically requested by Giants Ridge that people not ski the trails in the woods. ****
6. Follow all of Giants Ridge’s rules such as a) No “bombing” the hills. Bombing the hills is going straight down the hills with your arms tucked. b) Always ski under control and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects. People ahead of you have the right of way - it’s up to you to avoid them. c)You must not stop where you obstruct a trail or are not visible from above. d) Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others. e) Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas. f) Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and the ability to load, ride, and unload safely. g) Nobody should ski or snowboard up to someone else and spray them with snow. These irresponsible behaviors can cause accidents and make the skiing experience unpleasant for others.
7. Always be aware of other people around you. There are always many young and inexperienced skiers on the hills with you. Please be considerate and watch out for them.
8. Parents who are on the slopes, please be watchful over children whose parents are not on the slopes. Tell the child’s parent if you feel a child needs encouragement in changing some sort of behavior or ski habit. Parents who are not on the slopes, be open to comments from others who are skiing with your children. It could even be beneficial to ask other adults if your children are following good skiing practices.