Earn College Credit!
Plan Ahead. Be Prepared. Save Money.
At Truth Academy, we can help you prepare your students for earning college credits at a fraction of the cost of traditional college classes! Students can finish general education requirements before the state-sponsored PSEO program even begins, allowing them to make the most of the PSEO option itself. Save thousands of dollars on college tuition by earning college credits through CLEP and DSST.
How do I prepare?
At Truth Academy, we are building a community of support for home school families pursuing this extremely effective and cost-saving method of achieving college credits!
- We have partnered with instructors and consultants whose own children have benefited from these exams. They teach classes for our secondary students, grades 7-12, preparing them to take CLEP/DSST exams.
- Exam scheduling, requirements, test-taking skills, study tools, practice tests, and more are all covered in these classes.
- These classes provide a framework of study methods and resources that will be transferable to exam preparation for future CLEP/DSST exams.
- Participating in these classes is no guarantee of passing these exams but will depend on the student’s motivation, maturity, and commitment.
- Parents will need to be prepared to come alongside their student to provide encouragement and accountability.
- For those who would appreciate more guidance navigating this process, consultants are available to discuss plans with individual families as well.
Truth Academy offers several CLEP prep classes with experienced instructors who provide excellent preparation for the following CLEP exams:
|Truth Academy Class||Associated CLEP/DSST Test|
|American Government||American Government CLEP|
|Economics||Principles of Microeconomics CLEP & Principles of Macroeconomics CLEP|
|Western Civ I||Western Civilization I: Ancient Near East to 1648 CLEP|
|Western Civ II||Western Civilization II: 1648 to the Present CLEP|
|World Religions||Into to World Religions DSST|
|Environmental Science||Environment and Humanity DSST|
|U.S. History I||History of the United States I: Early Colonization to 1877 CLEP|
|Analyzing Literature||Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP|
|Technical Writing||Technical Writing DSST|
|Psychology||Introductory Psychology CLEP|
To view our current class schedule and class descriptions, please click here.
What is CLEP?
Even before the traditional Post Secondary Enrollment Option (PSEO) that currently is offered in the state of Minnesota, students of all ages can take advantage of other pre-college testing options. The College-Level Examination Program® (CLEP®) developed by the College Board® (proponents of the AP® and SAT®), has been the most widely accepted credit-by-exam program for over four decades.
For more information about CLEP Exams, please click here to be directed to the official website.
What is DSST?
The DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSST) program is also widely recognized for upper-level college courses. A form of prior learning assessment, DSSTs offer students a cost-effective, time-saving way to use their knowledge acquired outside of the classroom (perhaps from reading, on-the-job training, or independent study) to accomplish their educational goals.
For more information about the DSST exams, please click here to be directed to the official website.
How much does it save me?
Thousands! Each test is approximately $80 and can earn your student up to 3-6 college credits. If you compare the cost of the tuition for a traditional college class, you'll quickly realize how cost-effective CLEP and DSST exams are!
When can my child(ren) start taking CLEP exams?
These programs allow average students as young as 7th grade who are sufficiently motivated and mature to start earning college credits at a fraction of the cost of college.