Statement of Faith
Seeds of Promise Family Support Group has been formed as a fellowship of believers in the Lordship of Jesus Messiah. Our supreme desire is to know Him and be conformed to His image by the power of the Holy Spirit and to instill/model that hope and strength in our children, families, friendships, and community. We are a non-denominational group. We are not opposed to denominations as such, only to their overemphasis of the doctrinal differences that have led to the division of the Body of Jesus Messiah.
*Note: Jesus’ Hebrew name is Yahshua, and for purposes of the Seeds of Promise FSG Judeo-Christian homeschool group, He may be referred to as God, Jesus, Yahshua, Christ, and/or Messiah.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
1. The Bible; the Old and New Testaments, is the Word of God. As such, it is the inspired, infallible, and authoritative in matters of faith, conduct, and truth.
2. We believe there is One living, eternal, and true God, who is personable and knowable, and manifests Himself as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, equal in power and glory; who created all, upholds all, and governs all.
3. We believe in God, the Father, an infinite, personal Spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power, and love; that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men; that He hears and answers prayer; and that He saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus/Yahshua Messiah.
4. We believe in Jesus/Yahshua, God's only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, and teachings; substitutionary death; bodily resurrection; ascension into heaven; perpetual intercession for His people; and personal, visible return to earth.
5. We believe in the ministry of the Holy Spirit to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment and to renew, sanctify, and empower in ministry all who believe in Messiah. Believe that the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Jesus/Yahshua and that He is an abiding Helper, Teacher, and Guide. Believe in the gifting and exercise of all biblical gifts of the Holy Spirit as reflected through the fruit of that same Spirit.
6. We believe that all people are by nature separated from God and responsible for their own sin, but that salvation, redemption, and forgiveness are freely offered to all by the grace of our Lord Jesus/Yahshua. Salvation must be responded to in individual faith by anyone who places their confidence in the Lord Jesus/Yahshua and His finished work on the cross.
7. We believe that children are a gift from the Lord and are entrusted to parents, who are accountable to God to provide them with godly training and discipline and working towards building them up to be whom God created them to be from the foundations of the world.
8. We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Gen 1:26-27). Rejection of one's biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
9. We believe that the term 'marriage' has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. (Gen 2:18-25)
10. We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. (1 Cor 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb 13:4)
11. We believe that in order to preserve the function and integrity of Seeds of Promise FSG as the local Body of Christ, and to provide a biblical role model to Seeds members and to the local community, it is imperative that all persons volunteering for Seeds of Promise FSG in any capacity agrees to and abides by Seeds of Promise's Statement of Faith.