Used Book Sale
2020 SCCHE Used Book Sale
Friday, June 19th
709 Crestview Drive
O’Fallon, MO 63366
9:00 am - Sellers only.
10:00am - 1:00pm - Buyers may come. There is no charge to shop.
1:00pm - Clean up. Sellers are responsible to clean up their own area. See note on unsold materials to find out how to avoid taking home any unsold materials you don't want!!
WHO CAN SELL?
Any homeschooler who wants to sell used materials – SCCHE members and as well as non-members.
Member price per table: $15
Non-Members price per table: $20
Reservations are on a first come, first serve basis. Tables reserved online will be directed to PayPal for payment.
Table reservations are now closed!
WIDOW’S FUND SALE
We will have a room dedicated to sell books for our widow’s fund sale. We currently have 7 widows in our group, and the proceeds from these sales go directly to our widows to help offset the cost of curriculum for them. Information on how you can donate books or other educational materials as well as how you can help with the widow’s fund sale is found at the end of this email.
WHAT ELSE WILL BE GOING ON?
We will have classrooms with question and answer sessions going on at the same time (like the homeschool clinic that was held at the Greater St. Louis Area Home Educators Expo). More info to follow.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON UNSOLD MATERIALS:
Renewed Treasures will have a truck there to take all unsold Widow’s Fund books as well as any unsold materials that sellers would prefer to not take home. The materials will need to be boxed.
Renewed Treasures is a resale shop that donates all its proceeds to missionary families across the world. What they cannot sell, they network out to various other ministries. Renewed Treasures is operated solely by volunteers (and there are no building rental fees as it is owned by Renewed Treasures) so all monies made make it to missionaries serving Christ throughout the world.
For more information on Renewed Treasures, click here
WHAT COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS WILL BE IN PLACE?
Out of respect for suggestions of our government leaders and for those who are at risk, we plan on having the following actions and guidelines in place:
- We will do our best to hold to socially distancing guidelines in terms of keeping track of the number of people in the building, spacing out any lines, etc.
- We will also check temperatures of folks before they enter the building using infrared, non-touch thermometers.
- We will spread the sale out over the whole church (two floors and three large rooms) so that tables can be more spread out, allowing more flexibility in numbers of folks shopping.
- Sellers and shoppers can choose to wear masks or not. It is their choice.
- While use of hand sanitizer is recommended, families who would like to use hand sanitizer will need to bring their own personal bottles. There will not be community bottles available.
- Families should not attend if anyone is symptomatic with any illness, COVID-19 or otherwise.