LCHA COVID-19 Policy & Procedures
Face to face in person class sessions are held one day a week on Tuesdays at the Living Word Church. In an effort to provide a healthy and safe environment at LCHA, we are partnering with Living Word Church to implement the following guidelines* for the daily use of our space at LWC:
- All families are to enter the designated entrance to sign-in.
- Hand sanitizer will be at the designated entrance for your use upon entering the building. Families and their children can also choose to bring their own hand sanitizer for personal use.**
- Temperatures will not be taken.
- Masks are currently required indoors in high traffic areas such as in the halls, the entrance, or the exit for adults and children over two years of age, with some exceptions.* Masks may be removed once a student is in their class and socially distanced or at lunch to eat.
- Use provided or personal hand sanitizer before entering each classroom for each period.
- Door handles/Tables/chairs will be disinfected before/after each class period.
- All restroom surfaces will be disinfected multiple times throughout the day.
- Parents should keep their children home if they are sick. If a child has symptoms such as fever or chills, rash, nausea or vomiting, coughing, sneezing, sore throat, congestion or nasal discharge, diarrhea, or flu-like symptoms, you must keep your children home.
- If a child becomes symptomatic while at co-op, parents will be notified and the child will be taken to an isolated area until the parent has arrived to take the child home.
- Depending upon class size, we may not be able to adhere to 6-foot distancing. However, where possible, we will have children sit as far apart as possible.
* Please ask if you have any questions and concerns about the above guidelines, or requests for exceptions. ** FDA Recalled Sanitizers: https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safety-and-availability/fda-updates-hand-sanitizers-methanol#products
To best insure the safety of our students and teachers, we will be observing heightened disinfecting and safety protocols. Any donations of the following cleaning and sanitizing supplies are appreciated, and can be dropped off at our Open House on July 31, 2020. Thank you!
- Paper Towels
- Disinfecting Spray/Wipes
- Hand Sanitizer **
*** Important Note: All LCHA COVID-19 guidelines are subject to change with changing conditions and applicable Church, City, County, State, and National regulations.
Florida State: https://www.flgov.com/covid-19/