Welcome to Anchor Homeschool Group
Anchor Homeschool Group was formed by Christian homeschool educators in order to provide enrolled homeschooled students, as defined by Minnesota homeschool laws, with supplemental educational classes, field trips, and opportunities for friendships with other homeschool families in our community.
1. Honor Christ in all our activities.
2. Support and encourage our families as they educate their children.
3. Provide supplemental classes and activities to help our families have a more enriching educational experience
Our families are new homeschoolers, veterans, and in between. We have small families and large families. We use a variety of curricula and teaching styles. One thing we do have in common, and require for membership, is agreement with our Statement of Faith (see box below). We are unapologetically Christian. We seek to honor Him in all we do.
First Baptist Church of Anoka
1235 Park Street
Anoka, MN 55303
What We Offer
We meet two Fridays a month, from 9:00 am to 12:00pm. Co-op classes are for K through 12th grade. We also have a preschool program for 3-year old to Pre-Kindergarten children, as well as a staffed nursery for newborn through 2-year old children.
We offer 1-2 field trips per month and social gatherings.
Parent Support Group
We provide a parent’s support group each Anchor meeting for the moms who are not assisting in classes. In support group we share ideas to help each other in our home schooling, parenting, cooking, etc. We have a time of sharing and prayer. Though nursing infants are welcome, it is a time for adults to lend support to one another.
Parents must be present during Anchor meetings.
For liability reasons, whether or not you have specific job duties, a parent must be on the premises at all times.
Class assistants are essential to our program. Teachers and parent assistants, together, form the basis for our instruction. You will be assigned to assist in a class, the nursery or preschool once a month.
All memberships are subject to approval by the Anchor Board.
Anchor currently has a waiting list. If you would like to be added to the waiting list, please Request Membership with the "Join" link found at the top of this page and someone on the Anchor Leadership Team will contact you as we are able to accomodate new families.
Statement of Faith
Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Bible to be the infallible Word of God, the supreme and final authority for all faith and life.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His victorious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension and His imminent return in power and glory.
4. We believe that man was created in the image of God, but fell into sin and is therefore, lost and only those who put their faith in Jesus Christ alone can be saved.
5. We believe that salvation is the gift of God brought to man by grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, whose substitution death on the cross paid the penalty for man’s sin.
6. We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to convict man, indwell, guide, instruct and empower the believer for godly living and service.
7. We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female, and that these two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God.
8. We believe that God created marriage to be exclusively the union of one man and one woman, and that intimate sexual activity is to occur exclusively within that union.
9. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers through our common faith in Jesus Christ and that individual doctrinal difference which may exist should not hinder the unity of Christian home educators.
(B. Mahoney) 9:20-10:55am
Elementary (K - 6th)
Our elementary students rotate through art, science and gym classes taught by hired tutors. Class combinations are dependent on enrollment numbers, with an average combined class size of 10-15 students.
Science: This year, instruction will be provided by a hired tutor teaching Oceanography using the Exploring Creation with Zoology curriculum as a base. In an interactive way, children's knowledge of basic science concepts will be reinforced with teaching, interactive class time, and the building of a diorama. An additional student supply fee is required.
Gym: Gym time will be taught by a hired tutor and focus on team building, good sportsmanship and having fun with each other in an active setting.
Art: Creative Pastels will be teaching for us for the 2020/2021 academic year. Our art classes will be a time of instruction on the principles of how to draw. This year the K-1st grade students will be using oil pastels, the 2-3rd graders will be using watercolors and the 4-6th graders will be learning how to sketch using pencils as their medium. Projects will be developed at each meeting. A supply list will be provided prior to the start of classes.
Middle/High School (7th-12th)
Our middle/high school students will have a two period cooking class and a one period Fallacy Detective course. Class size is limited to 15 students.
Cooking: Most recipes assume you are starting with some basic ability and knowledge of cooking terms, and by the end of this class that should be true. The goal of this class is to give students the confidence to walk into the kitchen and get cooking. A hired tutor will be teaching this hands on course. An additional student supply fee is required.
The Fallacy Detective: Using the book The Fallacy Detective by authors Nathaniel and Hans Bluedorn, students will learn how to recognize fallacies that they see in everyday life. This class will be interactive and provide many fun ways for the students to really remember what they have learned.
Family Membership Fee: $65 (nonrefundable)
- Nursery is $ 70 per child for the year
- Preschool is $ 85 per child for the year
- K - 12th grade is $ 140 per child for the year
Other optional expenses that may be incurred throughout the year are:
- Student supplies
- Field trip fees
- Science supplies
Anchor prefers tuition be paid in full prior to the start of classes, but if needed, we do offer the option of paying tuition in 2 equal payments. Tuition must be paid in full in order to continue to participate in Anchor classes and activities beyond the final deadline.
Fees / Tuition
Family Membership fee
Due with registration forms to hold your family's place
First Tuition deadline
Fall Business meeting
Final Tuition deadline
|Second meeting in October 2019|
If this is putting undue strain on your family, please talk to us. We may be able to make arrangements, on a need basis.
- Registration forms cannot be processed until Family Membership fee is received.
We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure.