2019-20 CCCHG Statement of Faith
- 1.We believe God created mankind as male and female, and that gender identity is determined by birth and not choice. We believe that God disapproves of and forbids any attempt to alter one’s genetic gender or gender ide ntity by surgery or appearance. ( Deuteronomy 22:5; Genesis 1 and 2 )
- 2. We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. (Gen 2:18-25.)
- 3. We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. (1 Cor 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb 13:4.) We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, polygamy, pedophilia, and the use of pornography) is a violation and perversion of God's laws, and is in opposition to God's purposes and plans for marriage, family, and sexuality. (Matt 15:18-20; 1 Cor 6:9-10.) We do not condone these practices of sexual immorality, and can't affirm these relationships as alternative lifestyles, as God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between one man and one woman. (Romans 1:18-32; Gen. 2:24; Gen.19:5, 13; Lev.18:1-30; 1 Cor. 5:1; 1 Thess. 4:1-8; Heb. 13:4)
- 4. We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31.) Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the doctrines of CCCHG.
- 5. We believe that in order to preserve the functional integrity and ability of CCCHG members to teach our children our religious beliefs alongside and hand-in-hand with academic subjects, and because we believe CCCHG is an active extension of the local Body of Christ, and in order to provide a biblical role model to the CCCHG members and the community, it is required that all persons employed by CCCHG in any capacity, or who serve as volunteers, or join as members, agree to and abide by this statement on Marriage, Gender, and Sexuality. (Matt 5:16; Phil 2:14-16; 1 Thess 5:22.)
An online copy of the CCCHG Statement of Faith has been made available to me on the CCCHG Website. I understand it is my responsibility to become familiar with and adhere to the information contained therein. I agree to be bound by the statement of faith and the Biblical positions taken by this ministry on all the issues of doctrine and lifestyle contained therein, both at and away from CCCHG functions.