ABOUT SOUTH COAST CHRISTIAN HOME EDUCATORS
1. We offer our membership to homeschoolers who agree with our statement of faith. Members are responsible for scrutinizing any events and relationships their children participate in to ultimately determine their appropriateness for their family.
2. We are a support group. Any advice you receive from any member including those in leadership should not be considered legal counsel. We are volunteers, not professionals. You are encouraged to seek further assistance from organizations such as Home School Legal Defense Association. We can direct you to such professionals.
OUR WEB SITE POLICY
Access to the private pages on this website are limited to persons who are paying members of South Coast Christian Home Educators. All members shall be given private website access. The following guidelines shall be adhered to by all members posting on the private website:
1. Posts, and any associated website links, shall not promote that which is inconsistent with our Statement of Faith or that which is inconsistent with a Christian worldview.
2. Members are expected to exemplify graciousness in what they say and how they say it (see Ephesians 4:29). Since this is a homeschool support group, issues and topics should be relative to homeschooling. With such a large group, it is difficult to know how your words may impact others, especially in a negative way. Topics of controversy really do not belong on this website. Postings should be relative to homeschooling. Great care for the feeling of others should be exercised at all times on this website. Highly sensitive and/or controversial topics include, but are not limited to:
- Homeschooling philosophies/methods as right or wrong
- Charter school enrollment
- Exiting or returning to public school
- Political convictions
- Parenting styles
- Worship styles
- Personal modesty/dress standards
- Entertainment standards
3. Mean-spirited posts or reactionary, argumentative responses to posts are unacceptable. If you find yourself in strong disagreement over the content of a post, consider these biblical reactions: be slow to anger (Proverbs 16:32); be willing to overlook an offense (Proverbs 19:11); be willing to let the sharpening words of another sharpen you (Proverbs 27:17); acknowledge that everyone, including you, sins and falls short of God’s standard (Ephesians 3:23); be quick to forgive as Christ forgave you (Colossians 3:12,13).
4. No member business soliciting is allowed (Cookie Lee, Tupperware, Avon, other home-based businesses, etc.). However, classified or for sale information as well as postings about homeschool classes, co-operatives or events which are considered informative, helpful or potentially beneficial to member families are allowed. All posts will be evaluated by website admin to ensure appropriateness.
5. Prior to copying any information from the private webpages to an outside source, you must obtain permission from the original poster or a site administrator.
6. Children of member families are not allowed to post. However, parents may post on behalf of children who want to share appropriate content.
7.No posting of copyrighted material unless you have permission to do so.
8.Disputes – From time to time misunderstandings or hurt feelings can arise between members. When a conflict arises between you and another member, we ask that you follow biblical outlines. Be slow to anger, willing to overlook an offense, pray before you speak or act. Matthew 18 outlines a fine pattern for conflict resolution. Seek to speak to the person you have conflict with first. If a problem is still not settled, seek counsel from leadership. In most cases, disagreements are just that: disagreements. Moving on is usually the best course of action. Strive to be peacemakers.
9.As a courtesy to our members, we ask that e-mail addresses should be kept confidential and not used for personal promotions, marketing, or mass e-mails concerning items unrelated to South Coast Christain Home Educators. All posts are subject to review by the Site Administrators. If a member has posted unacceptable content, the member will be asked by a site administrator to delete their posted content. If the same member continues to post problematic content, member status will be changed to guest status – no posting privileges/site viewing privileges only. Any group or thread of postings that turn negative or appear to be going in that direction will be deleted. The Site Admin reserves the right to delete questionable content at any time. Your concerns and questions can be directed to the Site Admin.
FIELD TRIP GUIDELINES:
The fieldtrips are posted by the members of our website to give others the opportunity to join them on said fieldtrip. This is meant to make the educational experience more positive and be able to “do life” with other members of our local homeschool community. South Coast Christian Home Educators (as a support group) does not take any responsibility for the events posted on the calendar, as they are not events sponsored by South Coast Christian Home Educators. Below are a couple general guidelines that most fieldtrips follow. Please check with the person organizing the fieldtrip for specific rules for the events you have signed up for.
1. All field trip RSVPs’ will be honored on a first-come, first-serve basis. We cannot guarantee that everyone will be able to attend every trip as posted on the web site.
2. In the case where there is a cost for a given field trip, the payment due will secure your reservation.
4. NO REFUNDS will ordinarily be issued. The canceling family can try to “sell” their spot(s) to other families, they can try to arrange a refund directly through the trip venue.
5. Punctuality at the trip site is vital. The time posted is the time that you should be there. Any family arriving more than 15 minutes after the stated sign-in time risks losing their entry with the group at the group rate, as the group will proceed without them.
6. Upon arrival, please proceed immediately to the check-in person (do not assume he/she knows you have arrived). Because the designated meeting time is only 15-20 minutes before the field trip commences, you must be sure to accomplish “sign-in” within that amount of time.
7. Parents will be responsible for their children’s behavior and safety upon arrival and for the duration of the trip. Appropriate behavior and “conservative” dress should reflect positively on homeschoolers.