TEACH Athletic Guidelines
The mission of our TEACH Guardians Athletic Program is to teach our student athletes the benefits of competition and understand its redemptive value. While TEACH Athletes will be taught to win, we must have a higher purpose in competing: glorifying Christ by using our gifts, having self discipline, developing Godly character and displaying good sportsmanship and teamwork.
I. Steps for Parents & Students to participate in TEACH Athletics:
1. Be a TEACH member.
2. Read and agree to the Code of Conduct.
3. Sports physical dated after April 15 of current season and prior to participation in any games.
4. Submit Student Online Registration/payment/forms.
II. Steps for Coaches to participate in TEACH Athletics:
1. Become a TEACH member.
2. Read and agree to the TEACH Coaches Code of Conduct.
3. Submit online Coaches Application.
4. Participate in interviews/background check.
5. Concussion training
1. TEACH Athletics offers: Girls middle school and high school volleyball; Girls and Boys middle school and high school basketball; Girls middle school and high school cheer squads.
2. Middle School-- 5th-8th. (Cannot turn 15 on or before July 1 of the upcoming school year)
3. High School—9th-12th (Cannot turn 19 on or before July 1 of the upcoming school year)
4. An 8th grade student is eligible to play as a junior varsity substitute.
5. Junior Varsity – Any level of play below the varsity level, whether denominated as junior varsity, b-team, or otherwise. The membership of a junior varsity team shall be composed of varsity substitutes and any other non-varsity players identified on the roster.
6. No student shall be eligible to participate in TEACH athletics after he/she has graduated from high school.
7. All coaches are subject to the TEACH Code of Conduct and must conduct themselves in a manner becoming of a coach and representative of TEACH Athletics.
8. All Teams may have up to 14 players per team, though the actual number will be determined by the coach.
9. Tryouts will be posted on the TEACH Calendar two weeks prior with times and locations. An email will be sent out to all current TEACH members for scheduled tryouts. All players who tryout may not be chosen for the team. If the tryouts above do not provide enough players to fill a team, the Coach can schedule an additional tryout date and place the information on the TEACH calendar immediately.
10. Team Rosters will be posted within five days of the last tryout date.
11. An Athletic Banquet for all sports teams will be held in March each year. The Athletic Banquet Coordinator will schedule the date with all coaches. No individual parties will be funded by TEACH Athletic monies.
IV. Fees & Funding:
1. Each player will be assessed a fee which will be posted prior to team try outs.. Sports fees are non-refundable.
2. All athletic sponsorships will go to the overall Athletic Program, and not to individual teams. Individual teams may do fundraisers for additional expenses.
“Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men; knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance. It is the Lord Christ whom you serve.” Colossians 3:23-24