10 Reasons to Join HSLDA
HSLDA stands for Home School Legal Defense Association, a national organization firmly committed to protecting your right to homeschool. CFS RB highly recommends that every homeschooling family join HSLDA.
Your HSLDA Membership Provides You With:
1. Professional legal representation Provides professional legal representation to protect your right to home school. As home schooling fathers, our attorneys share your commitment to home education as a legal right, educational opportunity and spiritual blessing. One hundred percent of legal fees and associated costs are paid by HSLDA.
2. A brotherhood of 70,000+ Makes you part of 70,000+ families standing together to protect and advance home school freedoms-in the United States and foreign countries.
3. Assistance with social service contacts We advise and assist in investigations resulting from allegations of abuse or neglect. HSLDA membership benefits do not extend to court actions resulting from non-home schooling matters.
4. Quick action when freedoms are threatened Using e-mail and the internet, provides immediate response and up-to-the-minute news regarding federal and/or state legislation that impacts home school and parental freedoms.
5. Valuable discounts HSLDA has negotiated discounts on products and services we believe you will find truly valuable.
6. A voice in Washington, DC Reminding the federal government that it has no jurisdiction over home schools and keeping home schooling legal and safe, now and for the future.
7. Monitoring of state legislation HSLDA monitors all state legislation that could reduce your home schooling freedoms.
8. A positive image in the media HSLDA presents an engaging, informative, and dynamic picture of the home schooling community to the public and the media.
9. Support for home schooling organizations Offers support to state and local support groups by providing information, regional and national leadership seminars, and networking.
10. Research and analysis Funding research to investigate the characteristics and results of home schooling and to provide statistical data for use in the courts and legislatures.
For more information go www.hslda.org.