Kids Speak Out About Changes to Distance Learning
Verse of the Year!
Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins.
Cheerfully share your home with those who need a meal or a place to stay.
God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another.
1 Peter 4:8-10
Changes to Distance Learning
There are major changes planned for Distributed Learning (enrolled homeschooling) for 2022 that will significantly affect what DL looks like in the future. What can you do to ensure that educational choice is preserved?
1. Send an email to the Ministry of Education Portal. This is critical to preserving our educational choices. Every single email is read! All parents and students should write a letter.
Share your story about why DL is such a positive and meaningful way to do school. And then include specific things that you would like to see in DL next year.
Top priorities to address in responses:
- the option to register outside of school district
- the option to cross enrol in high school between different online schools
- the opportunity to choose EAs/service providers
- the opportunity to participate in face-to-face learning groups
- the ability to choose resources based on student's learning style
At this point you may not think cross-enrolling is important to you. Keep in mind, as your children get older it probably will be. Our goal is to preserve what we already have and not lose anything.
Send your letters to the following email addresses.
Your Local MLA
2. Create a video response. We are compiling these video responses from students. These will be shared on Facebook and other social media platforms. Please share your video with Darlene.
Please contact Darlene Unger if you have any questions. ([email protected]). There is also a thread in the forum if you would like to discuss the changes.
ACHSA has been serving the Christian homeschool community in the Fraser Valley for over 30 years. We hope to provide friendship, resources, events and co-ops (TLC) within our home learning community.
No one homeschool is like another! ACHSA families each have their own reasons for deciding to homeschool, often centred around benefits to family, faith, and a focus on education and members each choose the style of homeschooling that best suits their family's needs.
Member families come from a wide variety of church affiliations but are united in our statement of faith.
We invite you to join us as we fellowship, grow and encourage one another in our decision to home educate!
New to Homeschooling?
If you’ve been homeschooling for more than a day no doubt you have dealt with feelings of inadequacy, fear of failure, or just plain frustration with how to get organized and how to connect with your kids. Trust us, we’ve been there, and we’re here to tell you, “YOU CAN DO THIS!” You can make a difference in your children’s future, and your investment won’t fail because you love your kids and scripture tells us that “love never fails.” As you step out on this journey take heart that you’re not alone.
You can do this!
No one is perfect and you’re going to make mistakes, but no one has a heart for your children like you! You know their individual needs, their God given bent, and being created with a divine purpose they were made to make a difference. You are the key to helping them discover this purpose, and as you seek God’s help and give thanks in every step you will overcome, you will succeed!
Make sure you go and check out our resource page
"And you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands that I am giving you today. Repeat them again and again to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are on the road, when you are going to bed and when you are getting up."
Deut. 6: 6- 7
Statement of Fatih
All home learners are welcome regardless of their varying denominational or non-denominational beliefs.
- The Bible, as originally given by God, is the inspired, complete, authoritative, written Word of God, without any mistakes (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21; Hebrews 4:12).
- God has existed from all eternity in three persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. (John 1:1-2; Colossians 1:15; John 10:30).
- Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is fully God and fully man. He lived a perfect life, was crucified for our sins, rose from the dead and is now sitting at the right hand of God (John 1:1,14; Hebrews 4:15, Hebrews 7:26).
- Everyone has sinned. Forgiveness and salvation are offered as a gift; free to the sinner. This gift must be responded to in individual faith, not trusting in any personal works whatsoever, but the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ alone (Romans 3:23, Ephesians 2:8-10; Romans 10: 9-10).
What is TLC?
ALL ACHSA members are invited to register for a large co-op we organize called “The Learning Co-op." This 7 session co-op runs 1 morning every 2 weeks.
Families involved enjoy the opportunity to meet new people and reconnect with old friends in a Christian environment, during three class time blocks. It is also a wonderful opportunity for kids to learn skills that we as parents, may not have the opportunity to teach at home.
The Learning Co-op is offered for a registration fee which pays for the rental of the church and miscellaneous expenses. Each parent in TLC will contribute by teaching 7 sessions in their classroom block, help in one block and receive a coffee break in the the other block to connect with the other homeschool parents.
Planning begins in the fall.
More info in our FAQ page