Thank you for visiting the webpage of Bismarck-Mandan Area Home Educators!
Here you can learn about our group and become a member. Some areas of our website are open to members only. We also have a Facebook page if you're interested in getting to know us better before joining!
The purpose of BMAHE is to provide resources, support, and encouragement for home educators and their families; to sponsor activities in keeping with common Christian values in an atmosphere of mutual service and respect; and to relay information pertaining to home education.
Our support group has more than 140 families homeschooling children ages preschool to 12th grade.
For more information on our association, please visit the About Us page.
For information on ND State Law and general homeschool info, including Statement of Intent, please visit the Resources page.
To join our group, please Become a Member.
If you aren't sure if you'd like to become a member, but would like to stay up-to-date on homeschool happenings in the Bis-Man area, please join our Mailing List.
Why become a BMAHE member?
As a BMAHE member, your family can participate in:
- Weekly PE class (extra fee may apply)
- Enrichment opportunities: Public Speaking group, Science Olympiad team, Spelling Bee, Music classes.(additional fees may apply)
- Field Trips: Regular trips to locations of interest.
- Teen Activities: bonfires, craft/game/movie nights, spring banquet, bowling swimming, scavenger hunt, etc.
- Social and fun family events such as the fall hayride/potluck, swim parties and Valentine's party.
- Parent's meetings for encouragement, sharing of ideas, support and friendship.
- Website: access to members only website features.
- Newsletter: BMAHE publishes a newsletter three times per year.
- E-mail updates: Announcements, reminders, and items for sale are sent out to keep members informed.
- Graduation: Ceremony for High School graduates.
- Discount to the Home School Legal Defense Association
- Discounts at Barnes & Noble and Staples
- Library Media Center: The BMAHE has purchased a membership which allows us access to more than 11,000 cataloged titles of instructional resources, a laminating and die-cut machine, and a spiral book maker.
- Microscopes: Two light microscopes available.
- Annual used book sale
- And more!
President: Kristy Rose 701-202-2001 firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President: Becky Kuss
Secretary: Janis Moylan
Treasurer: Cheryl Pleinis
Mentor Moms: Nancy Larson
Family Activities: Janelle Boehm
Physical Education: Committee
Teen Activities: Committee