Current MHE News
Come to the end of the year Family Fun Night on April 25th from 5:30-8:00pm!
There will be facepainting, balloon animals, a ventriloquist, a magician, and fun food!
Go to the MHE calendar to sign-up and for more details!
SPRING PLANNING MEETING!
When: Tuesday, March 31st
Where: The Sankey's house
This is a parent meeting (nursing babies are allowed).
Light snacks will be served.
Please sign-up on the calendar so we know how many people to expect.
The Spring Planning Meeting is the place where the planning fun for next year begins!
- Bring ideas of classes you would like your kids to take for afternoon co-op.
- Bring ideas for classes you would like to teach!
- Bring ideas for classes you would like to see offered for your high schoolers (AM classes).
It takes all of us working together to put on an awesome co-op day for our children! Attached is a list of classes that have been done at MHE over the last several years along with a small list of new class ideas. We are not limited to this list for class ideas! If there is something you are really interested in teaching please let us know!
If the idea of teaching a co-op class by yourself is overwhelming then team up with a friend and co-teach! This will lighten the load for both of you!
Does the meeting date not work for you? If you are not able to come to the planning meeting, but you have ideas (class offerings or classes you want to teach) please contact any board member to let us know what you are thinking!
- Youth Pavillion Dollar Day on April 16th at 1:00pm. See the calendar for details.
- John Deere tour for those age 13+ on March 27th. Go to the website calendar to sign-up and for more details! (25 person limit)
- Archery lessons are going to be offered again in March! Check the website calendar for details and to sign-up (dates are March 2nd, 16th and 30th).
- Check out the Learning at UNI link at the top of the page for fun opportunities for our students at UNI!
General MHE Information:
MHE is a group of Christian homeschooling families working together to offer support and encouragement to one another.
General membership for MHE is $15.00 annually. This membership offers full access to the secure member website, organized field trips, discounted tickets to the local children's theater, Mom's nights out, and the picnics in the park. MHE Membership is required to participate in Monday classes All members of MHE must have a signed Statement of Faith on file.
Monday classes: MHE members may participate in Monday classes if they desire. Classes for 2014-2015 will be offered from 8:30am-3:00pm. Class offerings vary each year based on the age of the students and what parents are willing to teach. There are additional fees associated with Monday classes that are needed to cover the rental fees for the building, insurance and class materials. Morning classes meet for 15 sessions each semester and are drop off classes (parents do not need to stay). Afternoon classes meet for 10 sessions each semester and at least one parent/guardian from each family is required to teach or assist with activities at every afternoon class session. Click on the MHE Class Info link at the top of this page to learn more.