We are a local Christian classical home education community committed to knowing God and making Him known. We provide structure, accountability, friendship and support to like-minded families on their home education journey.
CC is a support group for homeschoolers that meets weekly with other homeschool families to learn about the world and the God who created it. During our class, the kids learn new material for the week. The parent then uses that as her framework for what the kids will study at home the rest of the week. We follow the classical education model, which is quite different from most modern education. Children and their parents are encouraged and challenged to increase their knowledge and understanding in seven key subjects including, Latin English grammar, science, history, geography and fine arts. The educational and fun activities provided by Classical Conversations are certain to inspire and motivate students and to enable their parents to teach at home more effectively and confidently.
Our families absolutely love this program. It has completely transformed our homeschooling by giving us just enough structure and accountability while still keeping the freedom to plan our own lessons.
REGISTRATION for 2014-15 is now open for Challenge A & B programs! Use the REQUEST MEMBERSHIP link on the left to apply to our campus.
History of CC of Ascension Campus
In the Spring of 2011, a few friends heard about Classical Conversations. They were intrigued, so they observed for a few hours at the Zachary campus. They liked what they saw and agreed to begin a campus closer to home in Gonzales, opening the doors for other local, like-hearted home-educators to participate.
By the start of that first August, they had 4 families enrolled (15 children enrolled) and grew to a total of 6 families (18 children enrolled) by that December. Only one year later, CC of Ascension had grown from 4 to 19 families! The campus has grown tremendously and now offers Foundations, Essentials, Challenge A & Challenge B programs for 2014-15.
- To provide foundational instruction for K-6th graders to enable them to know God and to make Him known
- To participate in a rigorous memorization program capitalizing on the young child’s ability to absorb facts
- To instill a comprehensive understanding of Providence by mastering a timeline of significant historical events
- To teach students to draw and label continents from memory
- To develop a strong science vocabulary, to participate in science projects, and to teach the scientific method
- To help students develop oral and written presentation skills
- To model for students a respect for God’s Word and one another
- To memorize the major grammar rules of the English language
- To demonstrate how to learn Latin
- To master common math tables, conversions, squares, and cubes
- To encourage families to form friendships and provide accountability for educational excellence