Guests' Meeting Information
We meet on the last Monday of most months at:
- The meetings begin promptly at 7:00 p.m. and finish at 9:00ish. Most Monday night meetings are intended for parents, not children, other than nursing babies.
- You are invited to be our guest 'free' at two meetings before becoming a member. Please note that agreement with our statement of faith is required for membership.
- We are a homeschool parent support group, not a homeschool board. Please visit our links page if you are looking for a homeschool board.
- For general HSCF inquiries, please call Marianne at 780-452-4211, or email HSCF.
Monday, September 28, 2015
7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
LITERATURE & LIBRARIES
Have you noticed how hard it can be to find good books for your kids these days? Parents, please join us for a discussion of all kinds of books & resources tonight with Wendy vanZandbeek and Denise Pops. Included will be:
- literature & books for children, tweens & teens
- read-alouds you don't want to miss
- how to use the public library interloan system
- how to make the most of our own HSCF library, and...
- your turn!
Do you have a very favourite book from your homeschool to share with the rest of us? Bring it along tonight for discussion & fellowship time afterwards.
In the meantime, visit the HSCF Links page to find some related resources (e.g. a Jim Weiss video talking about how to improve your reading out loud to your kids, and a link to hundreds of free audio & ebooks.)
Please plan to arrive early so we can start together on time at 7:00 p.m.
Come to be blessed and to be a blessing to others!
Previous Meetings ~ see what sorts of meetings we've had in past months.
Whether you're more new or more of a long-time homeschool family, we hope HSCF becomes a valuable part of your homeschooling routine this year. Use the Request Membership link at the very top if you are interested in joining HSCF.