The Home Organization of Parent Educators (HOPE) was incorporated in 1994 and has been serving the homeschool community for over 20 years. HOPE is a 501(c)4 corporation. HOPE is led by a Board of Directors consisting of three officers – President, Treasurer, and Secretary – and six to fourteen At-Large Directors. These officers and directors comprise the voting membership of HOPE. Members of the Board of Directors are invited and appointed by our Board and meet three times per year.
Families may request membership into HOPE if they meet one of the following criteria:
- The family must be currently homeschooling or intend to homeschool at least one child.
- The family has a graduated homeschool student.
- The children are too young for formal schooling.
Kinderclub (K-2nd), Wisdom Seekers (3rd-5th), Junior High (6th-8th), and Senior High (9th-12th):
Volunteers plan social activities and field trips for each age group. Events that are open to siblings will be specified in the calendar sign-up. Each year varies as leadership and volunteers change but in a typical month you may see one social activity and one educational activity per group or one group activity in addition to a family activity.
Members only website includes:
- Calendar of events with online sign-ups, automatic confirmation and email reminders
- Photo gallery
- Family directory to find homeschool families in your neighborhood
- Other custom web pages to assist you in your homeschool journey.
Kids With a Purpose (Service Projects)
Microscopes for Check-out
Theatreworks Group Tickets
ANNUAL EVENTS FOR HOPE MEMBERS:
- Sports Field Day
- Music Recital
- Group Standardized Testing
- Graduation Ceremony
HOPE also sponsors the following events for the homeschool community:
- National Geographic Geography Bee for Prince William County homeschoolers
- Scripps National Spelling Bee School Level Bee
- Annual Science Fair
- Annual Book Sale/Swap
- Five Homeschool Support Meetings Per Year