LIVING WATER ENRICHMENT 2012-2013
Registration is currently closed. We will have Open Registration for our Spring Semester in November.
Our current location is: SHAWNEE BAPTIST CHURCH in SHAMONG, NJ!
LIVING WATER ENRICHMENT(LWE) is a cooperative and group learning experience for children (infants through high school) of LWHE members.
*Living Water Enrichment is NOT a substitute for the daily home education of your child and it is NOT a school.
There are two semesters each year. The first semester runs from September through December and Second semester runs January through May. Classes are held on Mondays. Class times begin at 8:30am and end at 2:00pm. Some classes (eg. Book Club) may only meet once a month. Elementary(8th grade and down) meet 10 weeks each semester. Highschool classes will require additional weeks each semester.
Not a member? Preview the LWE class schedule here.
BENEFITS to ONLINE SIGN UP
- You can sign up for classes in your home without needing to go anywhere.
- Payment is done online through Paypal and you can use a major credit card.
- Keeping track of what you signed your children up for is now at YOUR fingertips.
- Communications with Teachers will be quick and easy.
SPECIAL NEEDS/STRUGGLING LEARNERS:
- The LWE co-op environment is not equipped to handle special needs children & struggling learners, as most volunteer moms/teachers are untrained in this area. However, we want everyone to feel welcome and to have a positive experience at LWE. Please take time to speak directly with the teachers/facilitators in the classes where you hope to place your child before registering. This can help you decide what is best for your student.
- Please acknowledge the age limits. Classes are now broken down into grades but please note the appropriate age guidelines in the individual class descriptions. If your student will turn the appropriate age within the semester, speak to the teacher before registering.
- If the class you have chosen is filled you will be automatically put on the waiting list. You may then choose an alternate class for your child. You have the ability to check your own class registration as often as you would like so you will be able to see if your child is in the class of your choice.
- We need everyone's help to pull off an excellent co-op.
- Volunteer positions are automated this year, but will be managed by Tracy Apple. She may need to switch your duty assignment(s) to accommodate the needs of the co-op.
- You are responsible for carrying these duties out and should be readily available to assist wherever needed.
- If you are not in the building during classes, you or your child will be asked to assist in some way (eg. lunch table setup, Sunday setup, Monday setup or cleanup duty).
- Volunteer positions are on a first-come first-served basis.
- Teachers may request specific Moms to assist in their classes. Teacher requests are met prior to form requests.
Elementary and High School students fee - $100 per year/ per family. $50 for the Fall semester; $50 for the Spring semester.
If you are have questions and would like to take a tour of LWE please contact Tracy Apple at email@example.com. We need at least one week's notice before the day you would like to visit. Tours are typically given between 10am-12pm. Students may observe a class. We would need advanced notice, so we can inform teacher before your arrival. Looking forward to meeting you!