This event is for those currently homeschooling or looking to homeschool their high schooler.
We are limited on space
(Capped at 30 seats for this event due to space)
Please register before hand if you are able to come $10 per family, no refunds!
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
The host school, strategic passions learning academy splearningacademy.org, will present an introduction to all things financial aid. Come to learn the who, what, when, where and how to finance college.
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Joanne Mastrinocola, Author of "Piecing Together the High School Puzzle". She will cover credits, transcripts, getting into college, scholarships and more. Check out her website for additional information. http://highschoolpuzzle.com
Here's what you'll learn!
1. Credits - How do I accumulate them, and how many are required for high school graduation and college admission?
2. Scholarship info (Bright Futures, etc.) .
3. How do I create an official transcript? Examples will be available.
4. What if I don't "feel" qualified to teach a subject?
(i.e., math, sciences, etc.) - Discussion of tutors, co-ops, Florida Virtual School, and more.
5. Can my middle schooler earn credits? If so, how?
6. Question/answer session.
7. Game plan - planning your high school years.
8. And much more, from GPA's to graduation ceremonies!
3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Matt Wetzel, FSCJ dual enrollment will be speaking about the process, deadlines and requirements for homeschooled students.
SORRY, WE ARE FULL!
If you have not already signed up, on the HERI website, to attend HERI's high school information meeting this Saturday, June 3, please do not show up at the door as we have a full house and will not be able to accommodate walk-ins.
If you missed the sign-ups or the date did not work for your family, remember many of these topics AND MORE will be covered at the HERI Expo on July 21 & 22, 2017.
Thank you for understanding and we look forward to seeing you at the HERI Expo in July!
Please follow us on Facebook or visit HERIjax.com > Events > Expo 2017 for information.