Feeding San Diego
Date – Time
October 5, 2022
– 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
We are partnering with Feeding San Diego! Your support gets us closer to ending hunger in San Diego County, and enables us to serve over 40.3 million meals in the community annually. You are making an impact.
We have scheduled CFSMMC to volunteer on Wednesday, October 5th for our Wednesday Afternoon Food Sorting Volunteers Shift from 12:00pm- 2:00pm. We have reserved this time for up to 25 volunteers.
All volunteers that are part of your group should sign up to participate by using the easy steps provided below. This helps us collect volunteer waivers, allows us to know how many volunteers to expect, and makes the sign in process for your group members much smoother. Please have each individual volunteer complete this step themselves versus having one person do it for everyone.
Easy Steps to Sign Up Online:
- Visit https://volunteer.feedingsandiego.org/registrations/oe02gyrFxB/claim_spot
- Complete the registration steps by completing the Golden volunteer account.
- Click orange register button to confirm the event.
- You will automatically be registered with group and added to volunteer opportunity.
Having trouble finding your group volunteer shift online? Don’t forget to follow these steps, or the spaces we have reserved for your group will not appear available.
Before You Arrive, Don’t Forget!
- All volunteers must wear closed-toe shoes.
- Do not volunteer if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Volunteers must be six and older to volunteer.
- Any volunteers not signed up online must bring a paper waiver, to include a parent or guardian signature if under 18 years. Both forms the release and liability and GMP Zone sections need to be complete.
- We require 1 adult volunteer per 5 volunteer’s ages 6-13 years.
- We require 1 adult volunteer per 10 volunteer’s ages 14-16 years.
- Our distribution center is located in Sorrento Valley at: 9477 Waples Street, Suite 100 San Diego, CA 92121
When You Arrive:
- Come on in! Sign in and make a name tag.
- If you didn’t sign up online, complete a paper waiver.
- Wait in the volunteer center for your shift to begin – don’t be shy, introduce yourself!
- Before you get started sorting, you will take a distribution center tour that will end at the project location.
- Document your shift! We love when our volunteers tag us on social media @feedingsandiego. If you’re using Instagram, we have custom gifs available in Stories if you search Feeding San Diego!
- Make a monetary impact! Consider become a monthly donor (aka a Feed 365 member) or giving during a campaign that stands out to you. You can find a full list of all our campaigns here.
Signup is currently closed.
The Signup Deadline for this event was 9/28/2022 – 12:00 AM PST