YMCA Homeschool Swim-n-Gym
Date – Time
November 26, 2018
– 12:30 PM - 2:30 PM
Lincoln County YMCA
1402 E. Gaston St.
Lincolnton, NC 28092 US
Welcome and thank you for being apart of Gym and Swim at the Lincoln County Family YMCA.
Gym and Swim provides the opportunity for participants to engage in sports and recreational activities that promote health and wellness, leadership, and life skills. We will be adding specialty clubs in addition to play activities to versify our offerings to meet the need of our participants.
In addition to play, our efforts are to enhance the experience of our youth by teaching the importance of water safety and swimming technique.
Students can register monthly to participate. If you have any additional assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out via phone or email.
Cost is $72 members and $90 non-members for each 12 week session. Session payment can be broken into 3 installments.
Age range from preschoolers aged 3 through high school.
- September- Volleyball (Indoor & Outdoor)
- Special Activity: Health, Nutrition, and Cooking 101-basic cooking fundamentals*
- October- Soccer
- Special Activity: Speed & Agility*
- November & December-
- Special Activity: Basic CPR Training*
*Special Activities will be held twice a month in place of a sports/skills day. Each activity is designed to provide students an opportunity to discover new opportunities outside of skill based sports.
- Class will meet in the gym and begin at 12:30 pm and end at 2:30 pm.
- Comfortable clothes and tennis shoes make gym time more comfortable for your child. Please do not allow children to wear flip flops, boots as these are difficult to play games in.
- Children are divided into groups depending on their age for all gym and play activities
- For aquatics, children are divided according to ability in the pool area. Preschoolers swim first in the zero entry; while teens swim in the lap lanes. All other age groups will come to the pool area after the gym activities.
- Please bring a backpack for your child to carry his/her belongings. This will help your child keep his/her belongings together. A plastic bag is helpful for wet clothes.
- Bring swimsuit (or wear it under their clothes), towel and goggles optional.
- We will spend one hour in the gym or other program areas outside of the pool, and one hour in the pool. There will be about 15 minutes between the gym and the pool where the children will change.
- Safety is our number one priority. Please add anyone that is authorized to pick your child up to the attached list. You will need photo ID in order to pick up your child. Pick up time is 2:30 pm in the pool foyer. Teens will be picked up in the lobby.