Welcome to Heritage Homeschoolers!
Membership for the 2018-2019 school year has been temporarily closed. We will re-open membership on January 1, 2019.
We are an inclusive support group for black homeschool families in Cobb County, Georgia. We strive to create a sense of community, belonging, and relationship for black homeschooled children, their parents/caretakers, and other homeschool families who share this vision. Our efforts directly fortify our member families as we serve our greater community through a variety of initiatives, including educational support for low-income families.
Our group meets regularly for enrichment activities, service projects, field trips, park days, indoor activities, play dates, family events, educational “road trips,” and Mom's Nights Out. The group is member-led, so activities are determined based on the needs and desires of the group with each family having opportunities to plan events.
We serve homeschool families with children in K through 12th grade. Some events do have a minimum age requirement to ensure that our families with older students are well-supported. Member families MUST have at least 1 homeschooled child age 4 or older. If your oldest homeschooled child is not at least 4 years old, please wait and apply after their 4th birthday.
While the Marietta-area of Cobb County is our home base for meetings and most events, we do have activities throughout the county and explore all of Greater Atlanta and beyond on our field trips. Cobb County residency is not a requirement for membership.
PLEASE NOTE: Upon joining, you will set up a password allowing you to view the members-only calendar on this website with all of the exciting events we've planned for this school year (along with the group directory, email forum, classifieds, and FAQs).
5 Steps to Membership
- Complete our brief online information form by following the 'Request Membership' link below the login box at the bottom of the page.
- Follow the link to complete our membership application (in red font).
- Pay 2018-2019 Annual Membership Dues of $50 per family via credit card or Paypal.
- Review the Welcome Letter & Code of Conduct you will receive via email. Please note: Membership is contingent on adherence to the Code of Conduct.
- Receive confirmation email letting you know that your website access has been activated and GET INVOLVED!
If you are still considering whether or not to join and have questions, please feel free to Contact Us for more information.