Due to Corona Virus:
- All classes will be taught on line for the rest of the year.
- All scheduled activities will be canceled for the year.
- For the health of our families and those around the world.
- For the wisdom of our leaders and strength of our health workers.
- For our families and teachers as they adjust to a new schedule.
Each family is asked to volunteer at least 4 times during the year. To sign up please follow these easy instrauctions
1) Click this link to see our SignUp on SignUp.com: https://signup.com/go/qqfpXjU
The 20/21 class schedule can be found under the class description and registration tab. Click on the class for the description.
Graduation date to be announced
CANCELED due to COVID 19
Please check out class descriptions by clicking on the class on our schedule page. You may email teachers for further information or email Mrs. Malski firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration for the 2020/21 school year begins Thursday
April 23 at 9 am for current members
April 24th, 8 am for new members.
To register you must have signed all paper work and paid the registration fee. New families do this by clicking on join.
Welcome to PTC
Parent Teacher Co-op (PTC) is a home school tutoring organization run by parent volunteers. We employ and train loving, qualified teachers to assist parents in teaching their students to be well educated world changers. PTC meets on Thursdays at Banner of Christ Church, 1111 68th SW, Byron Center, MI 49315.
The school year is 34 weeks beginning September 5th ending May 14th.
- Classes meet on Thursdays.
- Cost for most one and a half hour classes is $320, the two hour classes are $380. Some classes have copy and material fees added to the class cost. There is no discount for dropping a class.
Payments are made in six equal payments to the tutor directly
August 1st, September 1st, October 1st, November 1st, February 1st and March 1st. We do not accept public partnership money.
- The PTC is a co-op. All families are required to volunteer at least four times throughout the year (exact amounts will be determined by the number of families taking classes).
- All classes (5th-12th grades) require 1/2 to 1 1/2 hours of homework per day.
- All of our tutors are Christians. Each teaches from a biblical principle and a Biblical Worldview using the Principle Approach.
- Parent Teacher Co-op is held at Banner of Christ Church at 1111 68th St SW, just west of expressway 131.
The Parent Teacher Co-op uses the Principle Approach method of teaching. Every class of every subject is researched Biblically and with Webster's 1828 dictionary. Each class will learn how to research and will require; a notebook, a signed constitution, a syllabus, and projects. For more information go to https://face.net/
Classes for 2020/21
History, art, Spanish, science, drama/music, language arts
English, science, history, art, drama/music, spelling, math facts
English, earth science, life science, history, algebra ½, Spanish, art, drama/music, math facts, communications
Algebra I & II, geometry, consumers math home & office computing, physics, chemistry, anatomy and physiology, biology, physical science, English I & II, British literature, interpretive speech, speech, drawing, developing the artist within, psychology, Spanish I, II & III, world history, government/ economics, ancient history and survey of the New Testament, ACT & SAT prep
Classes acticulating to Davenport University
The Parent Teacher Co-op is a home school tutoring organization whose mission is to come alongside parents to raise up a generation of well-educated warriors for Christ. We offer classes with academic excellence along with an environment that fosters relationships.