Find more details click under Program & Tutor Info on the navigational bar above!
FCCT is an academic community for homeschool teens aged 12-17. We offer Monday classes with experienced, engaging tutors, and monthly events and field trips.
We have identified three core principles that guide our program:
- Affordable - we strive to provide homeschool families the opportunity to participate in a full day of classes, 16 weeks per term, for minimal class fees.
- Christ-Centered - as a whole program and within each class we teach with a Christ-centered, Biblical worldview.
- Partners with Parents - In most classes we assist homeschool parents with a jumpstart and structure to their teen's weekly assignments.
FCCT is located at Hillside Christian Fellowship - Damascus (formerly The Journey Church)
19070 SE Sunnyside Rd., Damascus, OR 97089
Hillside Christian Fellowship - Damascus (formerly The Journey Church) is a smaller church family located in beautiful semi-rural Damascus, OR, 30 minutes SE of Portland. Their church family is age-balanced with joyful kids, awesome teens, hard-working parents and loving seniors. Together, they encourage one another through participation in ministry, authentic relationships, fun events, worship and Biblical discipleship.
HCF - Damascus members support the use of their building for First Class Clackamas Teens homeschooling co-op. Part of our membership registration is tithed to the church. If you would like to tithe an additional amount, please click here: Hillside Christian Fellowship - Damascus Tithe
If you are looking for a smaller community church to attend, please stop in for a Sunday service or contact Pastor Matt Morris at Matt@hcfclackamas.org or Pastor Tim Koetitz at firstname.lastname@example.org more information.
First Class Clackamas Teen students are invited to attend the HCF Youth Service group with Pastor Tim Koetitz leading the Se7en Youth service!
Wednesdays, 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm.
Games, snacks, Bible study, worship and great friends.
FCCT Members, we would like to introduce you to Hillside Christian Fellowship's new Associate Pastor. He will be tutoring at FCCT starting this next fall term. Pastor Matt supports FCCT as a mission of Hillside Christian Fellowship.
FCCT Leadership Leadership Team
My name is Matthew Morris and I am the associate pastor at Hillside Christian Fellowship, and the campus pastor of HCF Damascus. I’ve been in full-time ministry for almost a decade and have a passion for teaching God‘s word.
My goal is to instill a biblical illiteracy amongst the church and to teach proper understanding of scripture with in its original context. I see this being fulfilled by spending much time teaching biblical history and early church theology.
My undergrad thesis was titled: Paleo-Orthodoxy and Porto-Gnostism: A defense of Biblical Christianity in the first two centuries AD. I have a bachelors degree in ancient Roman history from Portland State University, in college I was studying to become a history teacher, those plans changed however when the Lord called me into full time ministry.
In my free time I love spending time with my wife Mariah Leanne, I am addicted to disc golfing, hiking, camping, drawing and studying history.
Current Classes Instructed by Pastor Mattew Morris
History of Early Church Missions and Beliefs
OCEANetwork Current Alerts
Help preserve home education freedom for generations to come.
The Oregon Legislature meets for the “long session” in odd years and a “short session” in February of even years. Whenever the legislature is in session, bills could be introduced which would impact your freedom to homeschool in the ways you determine are best for your children. The Oregon Department of Education makes rules that implement the laws passed by the legislature, so OCEANetwork also monitors action by the Department.
Below are bills OCEANetwork has followed and the alerts we sent to families on our email list for the last year. The most recent alerts are on the top of the list.
Keep informed. Sign up to receive emails from OCEANetwork including political action alerts.
To find contact information for your State Senator and State Representative, go to the Oregon State Legislature’s Legislator Locator page.
- 2019 – Homeschool Tracking System Dropped from Vaccinations Bill (HB 3063) – 4/24/19
- 2019 – Urgent Freedom Watch Alert: Vaccinations Bill (HB3063) Poised to Target Homeschoolers – 4/22/19
- 2019 – Call to Action on Vaccinations Bill (HB 3063) – 3/16/19
- 2019 – Vaccinations Bill (HB 3063) – 3/5/19
- 2019 – Study on home visits in Oregon (SB 526) – 1/25/19 (UPDATED 4/8/19)
- 2017 – SB TBA, Remove homeschool testing – 5/11/17
- 2017 – Fall 2017 ESDs, Challenges – 9/23/17
- 2017 – SB TBA, Remove homeschool testing – 3/1/17
- 2017 – HB 2842, Occupational and Professional Licensing Equity Bill – 3/28/17