St. Charles Christian Home Educators
The St. Charles Christian Home Educators (SCCHE) is a Christ-centered organization that exists to provide information, support, and fellowship for homeschooling families throughout the community. We strive to glorify Jesus Christ through service to home educators in St. Charles County and beyond.
Our Statement of Purpose is:
- To provide Christ-centered fellowship and activities for homeschoolers throughout the community.
- To reach out to new homeschoolers, providing them with information that they need to begin homeschooling in this community.
- To unite the experience of seasoned homeschoolers with the enthusiasm of new homeschoolers.
- To provide homeschooling families with friendships and encouragement in an effort to enhance their homeschooling endeavors.
- To be available to any person, family, or group that expresses a desire for information and/or education about homeschooling and what it involves.
- To glorify Jesus Christ in all that we do.
What SCCHE does:
- Provides information, support, and encouragement to new homeschooling families.
- Offers monthly new-homeschooler orientation meetings, designed to explain Missouri law and to give a broad overview of the responsibilities undertaken when a family decides to homeschool.
- Maintains a library with homeschool help and “how-to” books as well as other resources.
- Provides support, information, and encouragement for families with struggling learners and special needs children.
- Oversees and maintains a website for participating families, providing a web presence for group information and communication among participating familiesin the group.
- Coordinates the formation of cluster groups (small groups) within the homeschool community to enhance fellowship and learning among homeschool families.
- Offers an annual Used Book Sale whose primary purpose is to help newer homeschoolers find homeschooling materials at a discounted price.
- Has a Learning Center with once weekly accountability classes designed to supplement junior and senior high homeschooling.
- Supports three homeschool choirs, one for elementary children, one for junior high ages, and one for high school students.
- Supports a band program with beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels of performance, to include a concert choir and swing band.
- Supports a large drama program that offers beginning, intermediate, and advanced classes that perform in a major production each spring.
- Supports other individualized, once-weekly classes geared to encourage high school homeschoolers.
- Supports an art program for all ages.
- Offers 8th and 12th grade graduation ceremonies.
- Honors the Lord Jesus Christ in all that is done.