The Lee’s Summit Home Educators (LSHE) is a Christian-based homeschool support group for families who choose to educate their pre-K through high school students. Our group is based on volunteers who desire to have a strong home school community for their families.
MONDAY, MARCH 11th
6:30-7pm Homeschool Q&A
7- 8:30pm Main Meeting: Guest Speaker
Kim Garrett, former FHE Assistant Director & homeschooling mom, will be presenting. Kim has reached out and empowered hundreds of homeschooling families with information. She is a wealth of knowledge regarding homeschooling our unique children based upon their abilities and challenging them to be whoever God intends them to be. She will be encouraging us on our journeys despite obstacles. This is a meeting you don't want to miss!
LSHE Meetings for the 2018-2019 school year
NEW EVENING and LOCATION starting in JAN!
2nd Mondays (Sept- May)
for LSHE members/non-members
at the church beside Paradise Park
913 NE Colbern Rd, Lee's Summit, MO 64086
6:30-7pm Homeschool Q/A meet ups prior to our meetings
7-8:30 Main Meetings (topical speakers & opportunities)
(DIRECTIONS: We will be in what is called the "Upper Room" on the 2nd floor. Please enter the glass doors and enter straight through the 2nd set of glass doors on the right. Take the stairwell to your left. Watch for our signs! Elevator: Straight across from the stairs.)
Please sign up for membership by requesting to "join this group" by the login info., top right.
Yearly membership July 1st- June 30th
New memberships and renewals are $25
- Information of interest to home schoolers through our private website, email forum posts, closed Facebook page, our meetings (Sept - May). Our December meeting may be closed to non-members. Our used curriculum sale may replace May meeting and might be on a different day & location.
- Our various groups are designed to give social and academic support through planned activities and field trips organized through our member volunteers and families. We are not a co-op.
- Homeschool Q/A meet ups available prior to our meetings between 6:30-7pm
- Planned and organized meetings with speakers on topics relevant to homeschooling families
- HSLDA Group Discount available
- Families for Home Education's (FHE) "First Things First" CD available: $5 per CD
- Free advertising of businesses for our members for the duration of their membership
- Opportunities to help organize or participate in LSHE co-ops, clubs & activities
- Build lasting friendships, ask questions & seek direction from other home schooling families through our confidential website forum with our over 200 LSHE families!
- Possible Kids' Project Fair which allows the students to display their work/talents
- Organized "social opportunities" for moms (and moms & kiddos) to get to know each other on a more personal level
- Annual "LSHE Used Curriculum Sale" with no cost for our sellers!
- We also usually have really great treats at our meetings & friendly people just trying to "figure it all out", just like you!
Please see our Frequently Asked Questions about our group and homeschooling on the left side-bar column of this page!
Are your meetings for children? Not typically, some children can get bored. Our meetings are for the parents to attend to share & gain information, build friendships, and be encouraged. If you need to bring your children to the meetings, we ask that you help them be respectful of the building and the other members. Nursing babies are always welcome, of course! We would rather you come w/ children than miss seeing you! :)
If you have any further questions AFTER reading our FAQ, please email us at:
"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6