Welcome to HSCF
HSCF is a Christian homeschool family support group serving
the City of Edmonton (Alberta) and surrounding area.
Therefore you shall lay up these words of Mine in your heart and in your soul...You shall teach them to your children...from Deut 11:18-21)
We are here to offer you Christian resources, insight & support as we take this journey together. If you are considering homeschooling, are new to this method of education or even if you're a veteran, it can be a bit overwhelming! Being part of a support group can give you the insight & knowledge of other homeschoolers and provide encouragement along the way.
Benefits of membership in Home School Christian Fellowship (HSCF) include:
- Access to the Private Pages of this website, which are listed here.
- Emotional Support - you're not in this alone :) Members come to be blessed & to bless others.
- Emails - discussion & ongoing information about meetings, field trips, events, homeschooling in general, and much more.
- Monthly Newsletter - an opportunity for you to submit articles, book or movie reviews, share your children's drawings or stories, etc.
- Monthly Meeting - special speakers, new ideas and times of sharing & learning together; generally intended for homeschooling Moms & Dads.
- Lending Library - a well-organized variety of books, DVDs and other resources that are helpful to homeschooling families
- Discounted Skiing - weather-permitting for one day in each of December, January, February and March.
- Science & Heritage Fair - an annual highlight each spring!
- Track and Field Day - discounted registration fee for members.
- Park Days - keep in touch with HSCF friends throughout the summer months at a variety of area parks.
- Young Homeschoolers Group - for preschoolers through ~age 10
- Field Trips - organized regularly by the coordinator and/or by parents
- Christian Community - access to the online Family Directory & other opportunities for local homeschoolers to build friendships together with over 80 other families.
Home School Christian Fellowship Mission Statement
"HSCF seeks to facilitate building a Christian community for homeschooling families by providing opportunities for their involvement in meetings and activities, and supporting parents in their responsibility of directing their children's education."